Question about adding an amp to factory stereo w/line out converters

Participant count
  • Participant list

helleau

This is my first time trying to work with a factory system (standard 6speaker system in ford fusion hybrid 2015). I bought a couple of line converters, and have already spliced into the correct speaker wires.

My question is, after routing the RCA cables to the amp, where do I go when I go out of the amp? Before, I've always gone to a wiring harness that connects directly to the factory speaker cables. But I've never had to actually splice into one of those VERY cables to get my line signal. I've always had the line outs to work with.

It just seemed weird to me to go to the wiring harness like I usually do. Seems like that might cause some sort of temporal shift in the time continuum or something! Feeding the amped signal back through the same cable that I tap into for the line signal source.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't gonna blow something up!

I know I always have the option of running out of the amp directly to the speakers and not the wiring harness. Is that what I need to do? I'd prefer to be able to use that harness so I can easily take it out when I sell the car down the road.

Do I wire to the harness or directly to the speakers?

Any wisdom would be most appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.