nyone mess with the ppi 365CS comps? $139

I thought about getting 2 sets of these PPI's and run them off that MBQ amp. Run active, with tweets on the front channel, and mids on the rear channel. But, I would need something to where I could bandpass the mids since I don't think this amp has that option.

Most guys over at diyma are running them over 100 watts per channel. The manual states anywhere from 45 to 135(either that or 150, cant remember offhand), so 100 watts should be enough power to work with.

Then again, you could always overpower them with a higher wattage amp and keep the gains low.

Does anyone have a detailed installation manual? The one that came with it doesn't tell you which screws to use and doesn't have enough pictures.

What are the two round metal brackets for? Do they go on the back side of the speaker?

What are the two foam strips for and how do you use them? The manual says to use them for a tight seal, but how?

What are the small foam pieces wrapped in white in the bag for?

Does anyone have a detailed installation manual? The one that came with it doesn't tell you which screws to use and doesn't have enough pictures.
What are the two round metal brackets for? Do they go on the back side of the speaker?

What are the two foam strips for and how do you use them? The manual says to use them for a tight seal, but how?

What are the small foam pieces wrapped in white in the bag for?
who let the noobs out ?

I've installed speakers in the past, but they were simply drop in and screw. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have a set in my car. Very nice comps and a lot of install options. The build quality is top notch and the sq is awesome. Great midbass and the tweeter is perfect, nice and soft. I tested the focal 165's b4 I bought them and from the speakers I tested they were the most like them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.