Number of Subs?

Participant count
  • Participant list
i did read your previous post. so if it were you would u just run one sub at a decent amount of watts instead of 2 at 50 watts? im looking for clarity.

look im not stupid.. if its not rated at it being CEA compliant, then it will not do it, if it does it wont be long. i want my stuff to last, i dont want knock ur head off bass but i want it to be decent, and this amp is surprisingly decent im just trying to save space and get more clarity.

i did read your previous post. so if it were you would u just run one sub at a decent amount of watts instead of 2 at 50 watts? im looking for clarity.
I made it as clear as I possibly could,

run both of them at 50 each to get 1.5decibels more which in reality you would barely notice anyway.

I made it as clear as I possibly could,
run both of them at 50 each to get 1.5decibels more which in reality you would barely notice anyway.
when i said im looking for clarity i meant clarity in sound lol not your post. yeah im sorry. i know since id barely notice it im just gonna run one sub since its a single cab truck and two tens kinda takes up too much room. when i get a better amp ill throw the other ten back in. thanks for your help man i really appreciate it!

yeah im sorry. i know since id barely notice it im just gonna run one sub since its a single cab truck and two tens kinda takes up too much room. when i get a better amp ill throw the other ten back in. thanks for your help man i really appreciate it!
no problem, if room is an issue then better to stick with a single one, if it were me i'd take the extra 1.5. I run 3 12"s in my boot and have no spare boot space... tells you a bit about how much space is a priority to me.

Good luck with the setup, if i were you i'd consider an upgrade in the near future and i know what it's like to only be able to afford cheap gear as a lot of people on here don't it seems. Buy second hand gear and get louder cheaper.

no problem, if room is an issue then better to stick with a single one, if it were me i'd take the extra 1.5. I run 3 12"s in my boot and have no spare boot space... tells you a bit about how much space is a priority to me.
Good luck with the setup, if i were you i'd consider an upgrade in the near future and i know what it's like to only be able to afford cheap gear as a lot of people on here don't it seems. Buy second hand gear and get louder cheaper.

yeah the only reason i bought this amp is for the warranty. dang good warranty on it, and i coulda bought a used 800 watt amp for ten more bucks but no guarantee if itll last, and no warranty. this amp i got now was brand new, and it seems to be enough right now for this truck, so it'll do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. im searching for a job then i gotta save some money for my own place as im soon geting married, but when i can im planning on two sundown 8s in a ported box in my truck tuned at 32 hz with a SAX-1200D amp or a alpine mrp-1000 amp. probably the alpine though. it should be looooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuddddddddddddddddddddddddd AND clean!

yeah the only reason i bought this amp is for the warranty. dang good warranty on it, and i coulda bought a used 800 watt amp for ten more bucks but no guarantee if itll last, and no warranty. this amp i got now was brand new, and it seems to be enough right now for this truck, so it'll do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. im searching for a job then i gotta save some money for my own place as im soon geting married, but when i can im planning on two sundown 8s in a ported box in my truck tuned at 32 hz with a SAX-1200D amp or a alpine mrp-1000 amp. probably the alpine though. it should be looooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuddddddddddddddddddddddddd AND clean!
warranty matters at first, until you realise with a little common sense that you won't need it. My first system were all new parts as well, then i learnt you can get second hand gear in decent condition. Those SA-8's are popular, I haven't heard them personally so I can't speculate but I'd take larger subs, due to the larger surface area so more decibels.

warranty matters at first, until you realise with a little common sense that you won't need it. My first system were all new parts as well, then i learnt you can get second hand gear in decent condition. Those SA-8's are popular, I haven't heard them personally so I can't speculate but I'd take larger subs, due to the larger surface area so more decibels.

well according to the sa website, a single sa 8 in a box tuned to 35 hz hit a 150 on the termlab

well according to the sa website, a single sa 8 in a box tuned to 35 hz hit a 150 on the termlab
because if it's on the internet it must be true...

and that may be the case but I have no idea the vehicle, the box size or the power they were pushing through it to hit 150db... or the frequency they hit 150 at for that matter. Too many variables, power being the biggest one there, you can overpower many subs to get high output. Try and find out how well they did at RMS power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.