Now I can't hear the vocals

Participant count
  • Participant list

danielbea122

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Tampa
After adding all the bass my mids/highs are still just stock so figured I'd order the little taramps ts400x4 with some midrange and tweeters.

I have a kicker 2 chan LOC. Would I need another one to run a 4 chan amp?

If I'm correct I can order 4 8ohm speakers and wire to 2 ohms but I'm not sure. So what would be best to run with that amp?

You need a better LOC like an LC7i or even better a DSP or headunit. The TS 400x4 is a very small low power amp so don't expect alot out of it. 50 watts per channel at 4 ohms. Two mids and channels 1/2 and two tweeters on channels 3/4 would be your best bet.

You need a better LOC like an LC7i or even better a DSP or headunit. The TS 400x4 is a very small low power amp so don't expect alot out of it. 50 watts per channel at 4 ohms. Two mids and channels 1/2 and two tweeters on channels 3/4 would be your best bet.

Yeah just wanted a little power than stock to make it sound better in the car. plus I don't want to be pulling much out of my electrical.

Not changing the hu in this vehicle but if you think I need a better loc than that I'll do

So after some research I have decided to add some 6x9s bridged 200 Watts RMS x 2 @ 4 ohm. Easiest to install for me plus I have the amp already.

Any suggestions on what I should add that will sound decent with all the bass? 2way, 3way or coax?????

I almost feel over when I seen max power 2500 watts! 😂🤣😂🤣

Hey that fifth channel worked great for a single sa12 lol

Still not gonna throw it out even though it's bigger than 2 taramps 3ks lol

Was going to buy the little taramps 4 chan but I'mma give the one I have a shot

Taramps are designed to be small. Amps like Power Acoustik are designed to be big so that people think they put out decent power. Open it up and you'll see what I mean. You'll get more than rated power all day from the Taramps, you'll be lucky to get half of rated power from the P.A. If companies like P.A. didn't grossly overate their products then they'd be taken more seriously.

Last edited:
Amps like Power Aoustik are be signed to be big so that people think they put out any decent power. Open it up and you'll see what I mean.
I still watch this video for entertainment from time to time... lmao.

20" of heatsink with 6"-7" of board ... smh
8wWQIr.jpg

That's ^^^ an extreme example I know, PA ought to at least have a full length board inside the sink... I hope

Taramps are designed to be small. Amps like Power Acoustik are designed to be big so that people think they put out decent power. Open it up and you'll see what I mean. You'll get more than rated power all day from the Taramps, you'll be lucky to get half of rated power from the P.A. If companies like P.A. didn't grossly overate their products then they'd be taken more seriously.

Yeah now I know it's crap now but when I bought it used from a pawn shop I didn't know the difference between 2ohm and 4ohm subs lol

Learned a lot from you guys about subs but the speakers seem even more confusing with all the brands/models etc

Anyways, anything has to be better than these sad excuse for 6x9s
Toyota-Corolla-Rear-Deck-Stock-Speaker-Front-View.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.