Not that impressed with Digital Designs.

Korn4Life
5,000+ posts

SUB LOVE
PA
I just got my first DD sub today.. Its a 9512g. I dont know if it is because I have owned everyother subwoofer there is but i was expecting more.. In all honesty I thinik the AQ HDC3 is built just as good if not better.. Give me your opinion's on the DD compared to other companies... Im sure it will sound great but the build quality/Materials didnt impress

Subs that IMO have better build quality..That I have owned

RE MT

AQ HDC3

Mmats Juggernaut

RD Audio Heavyweight (Best)

IA DP

Now this is just for build quality not the way they sound!!!

yea i think so. But there so close to being the same.
What size box and tuning do u have that dd in?
I just got it today... The cone and Spiders on the AQ are better then DD's but im going to have to say that DD has AQ beat on the glue at the Triple joint.. Also I think AQ coil looks a lil better.. but im just going by looks

I just got my first DD sub today.. Its a 9512g. I dont know if it is because I have owned everyother subwoofer there is but i was expecting more.. In all honesty I thinik the AQ HDC3 is built just as good if not better.. Give me your opinion's on the DD compared to other companies... Im sure it will sound great but the build quality/Materials didnt impress
it wont sound great.

I just got it today... The cone and Spiders on the AQ are better then DD's but im going to have to say that DD has AQ beat on the glue at the Triple joint.. Also I think AQ coil looks a lil better.. but im just going by looks
this here leads me to discredit your whole thread, im afraid.

this here leads me to discredit your whole thread, im afraid.
I have a AQ coil laying next to me and the DD is still a complete sub.. That is why im saying its just by looks.. Also IMO a Flatwound coil looks better then a roundwound coil

Your thread title sums up all my feelings about their products, customer service, and competitor team over the last 8 years.
ya but I will get flamed because I said the coil on a AQ looks better then DD quality wise..

So far here is what I think DD could do a lil better on in quality and material..

Make the cone stronger..(very weak a the surround)

Surround feels very thin

Spiders look to be made of a cotton/paper material.. It may be diffrent but thats what it feels like.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.