Not sure if to run 2 channel or bridged?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Lanzar - decent amp for my off road truck...

Am I reading the specs wrong, but it seems more power in 2 channel over bridged?

Lanzar Vibe. I assume if I run the subs in parallel at 2 ohm, it is 500 watts? Yet if I run them in 2 channel it is 600 watts?? Maybe bridged is 500 watts rms? Thanks.

Lanzar Vibe. I assume if I run the subs in parallel at 2 ohm, it is 500 watts? Yet if I run them in 2 channel it is 600 watts?? Maybe bridged is 500 watts rms? Thanks.
Lanzar vibe what model?.. there are more than one model I believe

Vibe246

The subs have this:

RMS 250

MAX Power 500

I am restoring this older truck and I was running them in 2 channel and it sounded good. I am in the process of building a new box, and was wondering if I should bridge the amp?? Thanks again.

Why? The amp does say 2 ohm, am I not looking at that correctly? Thanks.
he's saying don't bridge 2 channel at 2 ohm thats = to a 1 ohm load that amp won't do that.. if u have 2 4ohm svc subs u will just have to run 4 ohm stereo until u can get a mono amp.. if they 4ohm dvc then u can wire each to 8 ohm which will make a 4 ohm bridged load.. in short 2 channels work best with 1 4 ohm sub pretty much everything else is better easier with a mono amp + u get more power for the $., no more lanzars though ( i think they have 2 that aren't bad but idk which ones they are) u can get better for just like $50-$100 more

Why? The amp does say 2 ohm, am I not looking at that correctly? Thanks.
2 ohms stable per channel however when you bridge it, your lowest safe ohm load will be 4 ohms because each channel bridged will see 2 ohms each.

If you have it wired to 2 ohms bridged, each channel will see 1 ohm = KABOOM!!

Something to add -- sounds like you got your power ratings from a retail site. Lanzar has long since abandoned realistic power ratings so retailers often list inaccurate ratings, but the manual for that amp actually states something that is probably accurate.

It is 100x2 at 4 ohms stereo

130x2 at 2 ohms stereo.

There is no 4 ohm bridged rms rating given, but 130x2 at 2 tells it will be 260 x 1 at 4. You can't bridge it and wire the subs parallel. That would be 2 ohms mono and that amp will overheat.

You CAN wire them in series for 8 ohms and bridge the amp, but the power will be the same as 4 ohms stereo (200w).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.