Not sure how to phrase problem, frequency limiters behind speaker?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tweedcr

A friend of mine told me about some kind of frequency limiter you can incorporate in the wiring for each speaker - tweeters, mids, etc. The idea is the limiter cuts out frequencies not appropriate for the speaker type, such as bass frequencies coming out of a tweeter. I want to buy some of these but I don't know what they're called. Can anyone lend some knowledge?

They are mostly known by bass blockers however you can use your filters on your amp to help this or settings on your head unit if it's a higher end one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

It looks like you have the wrong connections. The head unit uses one amplifier to amplify 2 to 4 of your speakers. You are using 2 amplifiers...
I would have opt. for an Aero ported enclosure and a different mono amp for that sub, But ..thats me
That's a bit of a loaded question. A few FB amps were known to catch on fire. But that was more due to poor quality or specific use-scenarios...
Maybe because they enjoy helping others and discuss car audio? I don’t expect members to be here all day long and answer every question presented...
Sweet!! Im happy to hear that it was not a major issue.!! Very nice man. Thanks for letting us know what the culprit was!!

About this thread

Tweedcr

Tweedcr
United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
bigaudiofanatic