Not really a build log....but pics of the box i just built

looks pretty sweet. Specially the lettering, any tricks you used to do the lettering? Like is it carpet with a backing on it or just standard carpet? I haven't done much carpet work but the last bit I did where I would cut it would fray a bit and such and probably wouldn't come out very good if I attempted to make letters like you did.

That sucker must have some weight to it lol, should be loud though thats for sure.

looks pretty sweet. Specially the lettering, any tricks you used to do the lettering? Like is it carpet with a backing on it or just standard carpet? I haven't done much carpet work but the last bit I did where I would cut it would fray a bit and such and probably wouldn't come out very good if I attempted to make letters like you did.
That sucker must have some weight to it lol, should be loud though thats for sure.
actually what i did was print off the lettering on the 'puter, traced them out and used a 1/8" bit in my router and routed about a 3/8" groove to tuck the ends of the carpet into. It's regular non-backed carpet from Parts Express. The charcoal carpet cuts much easier than the black carpet does and you have to use very sharp blades in a utility knife/razor

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.