Not impressed

Does it happen at all volume's?
Yes I heard it in old Box and I hear it in this one as well, I start hearing it at about 18/35 volume wise on my hu but its possible that's only when it shakes enough to become and audible slap

Lol I don't have a clue on reconing I might as well be doing brain surgery. Do you replace leads on a recone?

Man I hope I can send this thing in to be looked at and get fixed up because aside from the ******* rattle it sounds soooo nice.

I'm gonna put tape on the dust cap before I do much more of anything and see if that helps there is a few places I can't see the bead for dust cap glue.

Very nice looking box, looks like a ton of port. The felt pad should not come off on such a new sub woofer, unless it has seriously been hammered on and the driver is unloading and reaching mechanical limits where the pad is getting loads of impact, or there is a heat issue.

Did you take the sub woofer out of the box and play it free-air at low volume?

Did you look at the felt pad to see if there is a well worn spot where each lead would have been hitting if it is a lead slap issue?

Yes, it can be sent in to be checked out, but check it out in depth first before sending it in. Also, if it is in need of a recone, leads are part of the new parts.

Customer service at 11:30pm.

Very nice looking box, looks like a ton of port. The felt pad should not come off on such a new sub woofer, unless it has seriously been hammered on and the driver is unloading and reaching mechanical limits where the pad is getting loads of impact, or there is a heat issue. 

Did you take the sub woofer out of the box and play it free-air at low volume?

Did you look at the felt pad to see if there is a well worn spot where each lead would have been hitting if it is a lead slap issue?

Yes, it can be sent in to be checked out, but check it out in depth first before sending it in. Also, if it is in need of a recone, leads are part of the new parts.

Customer service at 11:30pm.

Lol thank you I'm going to try to put some tape on the cap see if that helps if so ill just put a some glue on it, if not Ill pullit out again and look at it free air. There's no way this thing has seen too much power, if it did that's crazy never smelt anything, nothing ever got hot, never saw smoke, never turned my hu up loud on it. I just wonder at such low power could make it slap like that.

Lower power in a proper enclosure, there should be zero lead slap. But check on it in depth and report back. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I taped everything up and I still couldn't get it to stop rattling this sub has never been over powered this I never turned the gain up more than one or two clicks I just turned sub level up and bass but I never maxed the bass out never used bass boost. It happened when I fist put it in the sealed box and also with this ported box. The port isn't even three inches wide, and it did it in both boxes, so the box thing is kind of ruled out. I would do recone but nobody in a 100mile radius of me knows how to do a recone and I **** sure don't know so I ain't sure what to do......

[quote name='Hookedup12']I taped everything up and I still couldn't get it to stop rattling this sub has never been over powered this I never turned the gain up more than one or two clicks I just turned sub level up and bass but I never maxed the bass out never used bass boost. It happened when I fist put it in the sealed box and also with this ported box. The port isn't even three inches wide, and it did it in both boxes, so the box thing is kind of ruled out. I would do recone but nobody in a 100mile radius of me knows how to do a recone and I **** sure don't know so I ain't sure what to do......[/QUOTE]

Send it back to SSA for recone or get someone off the forum to recone @SPLaudio ; It doesnt take all that much to blow a sub if you're sending a clipped signal to it..

Well **** if it was a perfectly fine sub in perfect working condition I don't know If I an afford to have another one man I don't wanna run the risk of it doing like that, a few seconds into playing it I realized the prob I only played it in short five second or so time limits just to see if the rattle persisted I can't have something that does like that I don't wanna keep pulling it in an out of my box either cause I dot wanna mess it up if I take it back out it won't go back in unless I know it's golden or have another sub because I don't wanna keep putting holes in the box.

Well **** if it was a perfectly fine sub in perfect working condition I don't know If I an afford to have another one man I don't wanna run the risk of it doing like that, a few seconds into playing it I realized the prob I only played it in short five second or so time limits just to see if the rattle persisted I can't have something that does like that I don't wanna keep pulling it in an out of my box either cause I dot wanna mess it up if I take it back out it won't go back in unless I know it's golden or have another sub because I don't wanna keep putting holes in the box.
Please email us directly and it can be sent in for inspection. As with anyone that honors their warranty, if it is a defect or factory boo boo, we will cover the recoing and shipping costs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Hookedup12

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Hookedup12
NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date