New to caraudio.com kove armageddons, 6000watt poweracoustik amp help!! Please!!!

latenitetip88

Hello all!! Glad to join all of yall, I just got a pair of kove audio armageddons, there 2 12s, i was wondering what series they are and if a 6000 watt power acoustik demon series amp would be too much or just right if tuned perfect, they are in a slot ported box, i dont know how to exactly put a picture but i found one for sale on ebay if the attachment didnt show up its at it says z series(that is not my sub mine are exactly mine are the same but like brand new though, and in a very nice box an obcon 2 12" slot ported, ive had alot of subs, every type basically but ive heard alot about theres armageddons... i was wondering if anyone knew the wattage on these and i am going to hook them up to a 6000watt Power Acoustik View attachment 26539604View attachment 26539603 View attachment 26539605View attachment 26539606 i think i got the pics there so i was wondering if this is a good combo? also am running a 30 farad power acoustik cap along with it in the trunk of a 94 deville, just wondering cuz i have no clue what these subs are rated bought the whole system (cap,amp,subs in enclosure for 225$) **MODEL NAMES ARE**CAP:pCX-30F SUBS:Armageddon ??12" AMP:pOWER ACOUSTIK D1-6000D Demon 6000 Watt Mono Bass Amp, BOX:: OBCON Labyrinth Vented Black W/ Brush Metal Sides is this a good deal, could someone tell me the series of the subs im thinkin they are Z series?? AND REALLY CURIOUS TO THE WATTAGE!!! I know this is not the "ideal" setup for these subs(pretty much every sub has a specific amp of choice that goes with it to make it sound perfect) just wondering if this will work for it, and one more question PWR WIRE --0 gauge wire or will 2-4 work? Hope this is in the right forum thank you for any/all info!!! Im so so confused on this one, so used to mainstream subs. ANY INFO Much Appreciated!!! Checking rapidly for an answer want to get this installation goin!!! THANK YOU SOO MUCH!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all!! Glad to join all of yall, I just got a pair of kove audio armageddons, there 2 12s, i was wondering what series they are and if a 6000 watt power acoustik demon series amp would be too much or just right if tuned perfect, they are in a slot ported box, i dont know how to exactly put a picture but i found one for sale on ebay if the attachment didnt show up its at it says z series(that is not my sub mine are exactly mine are the same but like brand new though, and in a very nice box an obcon 2 12" slot ported, ive had alot of subs, every type basically but ive heard alot about theres armageddons... i was wondering if anyone knew the wattage on these and i am going to hook them up to a 6000watt Power Acoustik View attachment 26539604View attachment 26539603 View attachment 26539605View attachment 26539606 i think i got the pics there so i was wondering if this is a good combo? also am running a 30 farad power acoustik cap along with it in the trunk of a 94 deville, just wondering cuz i have no clue what these subs are rated bought the whole system (cap,amp,subs in enclosure for 225$) **MODEL NAMES ARE**CAP:pCX-30F SUBS:Armageddon ??12" AMP:pOWER ACOUSTIK D1-6000D Demon 6000 Watt Mono Bass Amp, BOX:: OBCON Labyrinth Vented Black W/ Brush Metal Sides is this a good deal, could someone tell me the series of the subs im thinkin they are Z series?? AND REALLY CURIOUS TO THE WATTAGE!!! I know this is not the "ideal" setup for these subs(pretty much every sub has a specific amp of choice that goes with it to make it sound perfect) just wondering if this will work for it, and one more question PWR WIRE --0 gauge wire or will 2-4 work? Hope this is in the right forum thank you for any/all info!!! Im so so confused on this one, so used to mainstream subs. ANY INFO Much Appreciated!!! Checking rapidly for an answer want to get this installation goin!!! THANK YOU SOO MUCH!
I would run the koves on 2000 rms to start with. What are the coil configurations on the koves? You will want a custom made box to go along with them because that prefab will be doing you no justice. The Power Acoustik in no way does rated at 1 ohm but may do 2500 rms at 1 ohm. You will need 0 gauge wiring and an extra battery to run this amplifier. The cap you have you need to trash and not use with the system since they do more harm than good.

i gotta take the box apart n check how they got the coils setup, ill try getting my brother to do it, i got a back injury n got 2 more weeks of no lifting. (not that i dont wanna lift but i literally cant) n ill let you know asap

I would run the koves on 2000 rms to start with. What are the coil configurations on the koves? You will want a custom made box to go along with them because that prefab will be doing you no justice. The Power Acoustik in no way does rated at 1 ohm but may do 2500 rms at 1 ohm. You will need 0 gauge wiring and an extra battery to run this amplifier. The cap you have you need to trash and not use with the system since they do more harm than good.
Worded perfectly murph.

As for the deleted post. I don't know what he said, but I'm suprised there was only one "Dump". Seems like everytime someone new asks a question about their system lately the answers they get are the same quality as the gear they are running. (Thats BS) Most of us that run high end gear didn't start out that way, so why shit on someone doing the same thing? Beatin'

Worded perfectly murph.
As for the deleted post. I don't know what he said, but I'm suprised there was only one "Dump". Seems like everytime someone new asks a question about their system lately the answers they get are the same quality as the gear they are running. (Thats BS) Most of us that run high end gear didn't start out that way, so why shit on someone doing the same thing? Beatin'
That's what I always hate.

Worded perfectly murph.
Thanks, most people post dump on the posts where noobs come in here with zero research done. It gets annoying trying to explain the same simple things to people when they could use the search bar or google to find their answers. As for posts like this they are great posts for people that need help with their system.

Ok guys i got my system hooks up, it slams, and yeah i did pay 225$ for the whole deal, but i beleive one of the subs is blown, although it hits hard as hell, i hear a rattling noise (i gotta make a range cd and test it to see whats goin on there), unless its doing what my diamond audio d3 10" did and the dust cap is coming loose, im going to take out the subs of the box this weekend after i get out of college and make sure everythings wired up and nothings screwed up there, the power acoustik amp is actually serving some justice, although im in luck my mom just opened another pawnshop, so i should be getting my wholesale book again and able to order whatever i need below ebay/googleshop prices. i appreciate all your guys' help. i really really do. these are the first real subs ive had that are used for drags etc. ive had apline type-r's, orion XTR 12s(first system) rockfordfosgate punch p2s(garbage) boss ripper 15's(somehow were nice as hell for 22$ a piece), but nothing that hits close to these besides the alpines which i still think these hit alot better. also i was noticing alot of people recone these, and eh if worse comes to worse, i got one good one, sell the box, the cap(which i think i may exchange for a capkiller), im happy thats all that matters i guess hah.

Ok guys i got my system hooks up, it slams, and yeah i did pay 225$ for the whole deal, but i beleive one of the subs is blown, although it hits hard as hell, i hear a rattling noise (i gotta make a range cd and test it to see whats goin on there), unless its doing what my diamond audio d3 10" did and the dust cap is coming loose, im going to take out the subs of the box this weekend after i get out of college and make sure everythings wired up and nothings screwed up there, the power acoustik amp is actually serving some justice, although im in luck my mom just opened another pawnshop, so i should be getting my wholesale book again and able to order whatever i need below ebay/googleshop prices. i appreciate all your guys' help. i really really do. these are the first real subs ive had that are used for drags etc. ive had apline type-r's, orion XTR 12s(first system) rockfordfosgate punch p2s(garbage) boss ripper 15's(somehow were nice as hell for 22$ a piece), but nothing that hits close to these besides the alpines which i still think these hit alot better. also i was noticing alot of people recone these, and eh if worse comes to worse, i got one good one, sell the box, the cap(which i think i may exchange for a capkiller), im happy thats all that matters i guess hah.
The sub probably has coil rub which might be from the age of these subs. The subs are definitely worth reconing and should not just be tossed if that one is gone. Again do not use caps... They are not helpful to a system and in a proper system serve no place. I really hope the amp is not being ran at 1 ohm with out it being set lower on the gain without an external battery.

It does 6000 @ 18v

I believe its 3400 @ 12.

I am not 100% but I am pretty sure

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.