Not Impressed with Kicker Comp-R's.

What comp r can take 800 RMS, CVX and solo yes, not a regular comp, even a CVR only has 400 listed but can take five no prob, I used to like kicker too since they used to be built here but they are crap for the cash

pb 3xls sound like ****

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

What comp r can take 800 RMS, CVX and solo yes, not a regular comp, even a CVR only has 400 listed but can take five no prob, I used to like kicker too since they used to be built here but they are crap for the cash
its a new line, comp r

http://www.kicker.com/CompR

Im almost positive the high tuned prefab and bass boost and/or high gain is the culprit

OK read up on these a little, go ahead and waste ur cash on that switchable biull shizt, as I said I am an old kicker groupie so its not blind hate of them, but the design and setup is such a chincy piece of crap, bet its that coil selector crap causing him trouble, I would say they prolly can't take 800 constant either don't sound beefy enough

Even though a Kicker Comp is not the best subwoofer in the world with that kind of power should it not still be decent in the right enclosure?
In the right box the sub will sound fine for most people be kicker subs require big boxes compared to other subs to perform decently.

I had a pair if 2010 kicker comp10s which where only 150w rms each on an mtx 7804 at dual mono for about 1200w and in the right box 1.13cubes sealed each they not only handled the power which was realistically about 600w except on peaks they actually sounded quite good and got decently loud.

Now did they sound like an idv3 or re xxx or fi q or ia flatlyne no but they sounded plenty good enough for typical listeners.

ive since moved on into more sq related installs and sold the kickers but I really enjoyed the system for what it cost me

The box for the sub says they can handle 800 watts rms, 1600 peak. My gain was turned down to only a quarter of the way up, bass boost on zero and frequency at 80 hz.

Also I agree that having a switch to change the ohms is f****** stupid..

edit: The amp has a ss filter set to 35 hz

The box for the sub says they can handle 800 watts rms, 1600 peak. My gain was turned down to only a quarter of the way up, bass boost on zero and frequency at 80 hz.
Also I agree that having a switch to change the ohms is f****** stupid..

edit: The amp has a ss filter set to 35 hz
How did you wire them, what was your final impedance? You did something wrong, subs don't just smoke on their own.

In a 48 hour period I've gone through two 12" Comp R's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/pissed.gif.9f665f96bc89e98e708dabd4580bb591.gif. Both rated at 800 watts rms. The Amp I'm running is a 1200 watt rms at 2 ohms. I've always owned Kicker since I've been into car audio and at this point I've come to the realization from my experiences and also my friends' that they are weak subwoofers period.
On that note, I'm looking for suggestions on a Single 12" sub that can handle 1200 watts rms and handle it well. I'm not huge into the clean sounding stuff, I just want it to rattle my brains. I've been looking a little at the RE SXX12D. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about the "RE" brand or this sub in particular? I want to open my horizons into trying out different brands, being that up to this point I've really only had Kicker and I'm not willing to own another one of their subs. Thanks in advance!
I have a 12" Incriminator Audio Death Penalty (1500 watts RMS) 1200 watts isnt squat to it. that I would sell for $300 + shipping. It will rattle your brains AND sound good while doing it. PM me if interested.

Even my guy swtched back to two powerbass after having them two weeks then we went with 8 pb 3xls in our two door tahoes I think thats he id know

Everyones opinion is gonna be diff not everyone has the same car or application somy bad, everyone has diff boxes and amps to but imo mypb was superior

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Not to say it wasnt a good product either but everyone has there own prefrence

My guess is no HPF+ crappy box tuned high+ low bass = over excurt
Correct me if I'm wrong but my high pass filter shouldnt have anything to do with my sub. The HPF is set to 125 hz but that only effects my speakers. My head unit has a specific preout for sub amp and speaker amps.

Correct me if I'm wrong but my high pass filter shouldnt have anything to do with my sub. The HPF is set to 125 hz but that only effects my speakers. My head unit has a specific preout for sub amp and speaker amps.
Maybe I'm thinking of sub sonic filter. It may be allowing 20 hz notes when the speaker lets loose below 35
A subsonic filter IS a high pass filter. Either way, it might be your sub trying to play notes below where it should (about 30 or so) or above where it should. If it's playing things up to 125, that might be too little movement for it to cool properly. Shouldn't be an issue at ~100Hz, but it's possible depending on how you grab that volume knob.

But you never said what your final resistance was, and how you set your gains.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.