Not Impressed with Kicker Comp-R's.

ILuvBoost

In a 48 hour period I've gone through two 12" Comp R's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/pissed.gif.9f665f96bc89e98e708dabd4580bb591.gif. Both rated at 800 watts rms. The Amp I'm running is a 1200 watt rms at 2 ohms. I've always owned Kicker since I've been into car audio and at this point I've come to the realization from my experiences and also my friends' that they are weak subwoofers period.

On that note, I'm looking for suggestions on a Single 12" sub that can handle 1200 watts rms and handle it well. I'm not huge into the clean sounding stuff, I just want it to rattle my brains. I've been looking a little at the RE SXX12D. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about the "RE" brand or this sub in particular? I want to open my horizons into trying out different brands, being that up to this point I've really only had Kicker and I'm not willing to own another one of their subs. Thanks in advance!

What amp are you using and what size power wire...give some details of your install. ..were you sending it all 1200 watts? What kind of box?

---------- Post added at 03:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

And whats your ideal price range?

All day long get a powerbass 3xl 12d1 wire it in series to two ohms its a beefy beast of a sub and under $200 34 lb monster it is loud as my old 2 l7s setup everyone is like **** wtf I built a box for it 2cubic ft tuned to 34hz after displacment and bracing put it back in the trunk with a bunch of polyfill init and wtf what a difference hands down killin kicker and ive clipped the fuc, out of it with a 600 watt rfp6002 gain all the way up for 6 months its still goin strong no prob ive had it a year and who knows what the previous owner did to it just get it you wont be disappointed 1 is all youll ever need , use a dmm to get the gain set a 1000 rms and your good

Michael the amp Im running is a Kicker Cx1200.1. Its a 1200 watt rms amp at 2 ohms, using 4 gauge power wire.

The box is a ported 2.25 cubic inch box pre-fabbed. Im also running a 3 farad cap.

As far as the price Im looking to spend no more than $300 on the sub. Ive seen plenty either as much or cheaper than that which have good reviews

Get an American Bass XFL 12 DVC 4 ohm for that amp running @2ohms.That sub will eat that amp up,and Sound good doing it.Get a 2.4 cu ft box built for it @ 36 htz.Shell SLAMM.

Get an American Bass XFL 12 DVC 4 ohm for that amp running @2ohms.That sub will eat that amp up,and Sound good doing it.Get a 2.4 cu ft box built for it @ 36 htz.Shell SLAMM.
This ^^^ Take the rest of that money and build you a custom box.It will be like night and day.Setting gains properly helps also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.