Not happy with new system, need help

i bought the sub on ebay used and it only came with one jumper. it was in the middle position.
if i take it to a shop around here and have them take a look at it, do you think they'd be able fix it?
I don't think it necessarily needs fixing. Your just missing a part..

If you only have one of those clips, and it's not in the sub it's wired wrong. Don't keep playing it until you fix it, or you will burn out that voice coil.

Look at the manual I posted a couple pages back. The top of page 4 shows you how it should be wired.

You need two clips (for a 2ohm load) to get full power out of that amp.

If you put the clip in the center and wire it a t 8 ohm, your safe and will not burn anything up, but you won't be able to get full power out of your amp.

Maybe if you call Alpine, they can send you a spare clip.

Like everyone else is saying. You need that other clip or make one. Your only running 1 Voice coil right now. Your installer Failed you
Thank you, at least a few of us read my replies. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

sorry for the lack of update guys.

so here is an update. here's a pic of the settings on the amp.

here's another update. i've already ordered another type x and i'm going to be selling this amp and getting a more powerful amp.

tell me how those settings look. i can also take pics from my headunit to show you how those settings are also.

sorry for the lack of update guys.
so here is an update. here's a pic of the settings on the amp.

here's another update. i've already ordered another type x and i'm going to be selling this amp and getting a more powerful amp.

tell me how those settings look. i can also take pics from my headunit to show you how those settings are also.
Hey switch the gain switch to 0.1-1.0 setting and see how it sounds.

Okay, look, the best way to solve this is to start by determining if the sub is wired correctly to begin with:

1) place the sub box on its back and carefully remove the screws holding the sub in

2)pull the sub out far enough to take clear pictures of each side -so we can see how it is wired together

3) pull out the fibrefill from the box and take a clear picture of how it is wired to the inside of the box (the terminals)

4) Show us the pictures

then, we can move onto the amp wiring, setup and then the head unit.

if this already seems like too much hassle then take it into a shop for them to diagnose.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.