Not getting the output that i expected

Participant count
  • Participant list

darkmatter

Pa
Ok first this is what I have and have done.

Phoenix Gold 500/4 amp 60 X 4 or 170 X 2 bridged at 4 ohms

JL Audio slash 500/1

Arc Audio Arc 6.2 speakers

JL Audio 10W6v3 Sub

Audiocontrol lc2i

I am using a dm to try to set everything up. For now I am only using the stock tweeters powered off the factory head unit. Also the back speakers are factory and being powered off the head unit. When I follow the instructions for the lc2i and set it up until the maximize light comes on then back it off I am barely using any gain on either amps. Then the sub barely bumps and the front speakers seems just a little louder then the factory ones. I am using a 50hz -10db test tone to set the sub. I am using 1 kHz -10db test tone for the fronts. I have the hp filter set on the Phoenix Gold amp set to 80hz and set to 150 watts per the dm. The JL Audio amp is set with the lp filter set to 80 and set to 500 watts per the dm. So I tried turning down the level on the lc2i so I could turn up the gains on the amps. This has helped some but I've noticed that if I go to high on the Phoenix Gold amp even with the radio off there is a hiss on the door speakers and still not getting the output that I thought I would be getting. Just an idea I thought that at 150 watts I would not be able to sit in the car with the doors closed at 3/4 volume on the head unit. Am I doing something wrong or is there anything you guys can suggest.

Thanks Rich

Nothing yet. I really need to know what some opinions are. If something doesn't look right or if it looks fine. I'm not a bass head just like a good sound and I like to listen to music loud when I am by myself. I just figured that 150 watts per channel would be really loud and at most I would turn up the volume 1/3 to 1/2.

Thanks Rich

Thanks for the reply. My guess would be the ground. Having trouble finding a good place in the trunk of my 2014 camry. I did try a 0db test tone for both the sub and front speaker amps and with the lc2i bass knob turned all the way down was getting maximize so thats why i went with the -10db tones.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.