Normal for a sub

knokinnakamichi
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So, I was listening to "Put on (remix)" and it sounded great, duh! However, I wanted to look at my sub, being that I don't/can't do that while I drive. I noticed that sometimes my sub would move but wouldn't really produce any noise and wasn't hitting. I have a sealed box (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7601_Sonic-Sub-Box-2H10-1.5-Black.html) w/ two 10" Dayton HFs. I sealed my prefab box very well and connected my wire directly to the sub by drilling a whole in the back, which is sealed solidly. My amp nakamichi PA-2004. So, is this normal? Are my subs having trouble reloading or something.

no 32 for the dbz man. depends really on the music you listen to. 32ish for low bass songs. 37-low 40s for higher tuned songs.

well for sq a higher tuning would be better. You could still stay sealed but the port would help with the bass portion of the issue. I'd try the upper 30s due to listening of the rock and such but still be good for some rap.

higher tuning would cause me to miss the lows that I am desiring though and I disagree that my sq would need higher tuning....Sq if fine in my sealed box, but how do I find out what I'm tuned to hit and not hit....and WTF is ghost waves

Lower tuning results in a flater response curve hence better sq. Specs on tuning also refer to subwoofer specs and resonance of the car. I suggest you talk to a box designer such as @pro\-rabbit.

I listen to anything from rap (i.e. playing "put on") to five finger death punch, to shinedown, to eric clapton, to ACDC......
Perhaps you need 5 different systems in your car with a knob to switch between them depending on your mood.

G-D that is like me saying I need a car that does 0-100 in 4 seconds, gets over 40 miles per gallon, and seats 12

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.