Noobie to the forum. Question/isue right off the bat.

Participant count
  • Participant list

mikejon89

I've had my two Sundown Audio sa12 D4Vs for a couple years now hooked up to my Mono Audiopipe APSM-1300 1000w@1ohm . Hooked up in my 04 grand prix in a ported box with 4 gauge wiring, now in my 2012 optima with the LOC behind the OEM head unit and 0 Gauge wiring in a sealed box still down to 1000w@1ohm.

No big 3, cap, HO alt., or Second battery.

I've had this problem with both setups, it sounds like crackling to me at :10-:11 :18-:19 and :25 seconds kinda hard to catch. Going to pull them out and check the voice coils to double check the 4ohm reading. I know I'm probably having voltage issues as well. Any other input and ideas would be very helpful got these subs for a steal don't really want to get some new ones.

Ill look tomorrow and im petty sure my bass boost isn't anymore than a quarter of a turn up and gain between 1/4 and 1/2 most likely the lower side. the bass boost freq. is off or all the way down im 90% positive. and not real sure on the subsonic.

I agree. I just had a DMM hooked to it and ran 50Hz and 70Hz tones through it and set it so it was getting roughly 36V playing through it. It did it before I did that as well as after (video is after).

I turned down my lpf it was pretty high maybe 100 now down to 60-70 pulled subs out looked at the coils and visually good and numbers are good. Played them individually with car off and no crackling ran together and still no crackling all before turning down the lpf. Turned down the lpf and had car running ran both and had some crackling. Could It be something with the power..not clean or something.

so they only make a crankling sound when they are wired together? shoe me a pic of your setup.... your saying when you turned the lpf down the subs started making a crackling noise.

On both subs I have the positive and negative coming to one voice coil and then split some wire and ran a positive to the one on the other side and a negative to the other side. They did once they were wired back together and ran hard.

OP, play the woofer in free-air and see if it's still making that sound. Almost sounds like slap to me, but it could be the video.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.