noob questions about speakers best bang for my buck etc

whiteninja12345

Hey guys im new here i have a 98" jetta tdi... right now i have an Alpine IDA-X100 head unit (18w RMS x 4) with a Alpine Type R 10" subwofer powered by a PA400.1(http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/pa/index.php#pa400_1). i am looking to replace the speakers in my car i need 4 2" tweeters and 2 5" speakers (6 inch total), and 2 6" speakers (7 inches total)

(i am on a budget so think cheap , however i would like to hear your answers and suggestions so i will not give you a cap)

ok here are my questions

i have been looking around at entry level speakers what is the best bang for my buck? (i like the Kicker entry level)

should i get coaxial or componet systems? whats the difference? is there much of a difference? which systems would you suggest?

do i need to get another amp for these speakers?, if so what would you suggest?

If i get another amp, do i need another battery?

crossovers... what numbers do i need to look for? is there a huge difference between active and passive?

any brands that i need to stay away from?

thanks for your help guys, you might need to dumb down your answers i have a very limited range of knowlege but im learning! (i wouldnt mind if you posted links to the products you suggest or other posts)

should i get coaxial or componet systems? whats the difference?
coaxial speakers are a single speaker with 2 drivers that produce both high and mid frequencies. component systems are what you would be looking for. Components are a separate tweeter, mid, and crossover. Most people do components in the front and then coax's for rear fill.

do i need to get another amp for these speakers?
I would. you can pick up a cheap 2/4 channel from the classifieds. adding an amp to your speakers will be a night and day difference.

any brands that i need to stay away from?
pyle, legacy, etc.

And have you looked at your stock speakers yet? On my own car (2000 passat) the speakers were riveted in, which is never fun. Also you most likely will need some spacers.

here is what im thinking im going to put a component system in the front (I like this one 200$)2-35 watts

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130TSD520C/Pioneer-Premier-TS-D520C.html?tp=106

and I am going to put a pair of coaxial speakers in the back ( I still like these =)for 70 which can handle anywhere from 6-50 watts)

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_20607DS60/Kicker-07DS600.html?tp=105&tab=features_and_specs

and they said I should get an amp which both of these speakers are 4 ohms..

ok i got one more stupid question do the crossovers regulate power going to the speakers? if i get a 50watt x 4 ohm amplifier and the speakers rms handling is 2-35 watts will i blow out the speakers or willl the crossovers regulate them?

PowerBass comps and coax's from millionbuy.com with a Profile 4 channel amp. Not going to get much cheaper then that for new stuff that's decent. I've installed a few set ups like that for young guys and they're always happy with how loud it gets and how it sounds...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.