noob - 1997 honda acura - cant listen to music HELP

Participant count
  • Participant list

tsnow30

TX
i dont know anything about cars. but the head unit (which i JUST learned what that was) is a peice of crap. my cig lighter doesnt work. i cant charge my phone or listen to anything but the radio. i wanted to install a head unit that has an aux port and a USB port. i figured i could find one for about $100. its really all i have and i cant afford new speakers or anything right now. they seem to be fine though. i guess my question is, if i purchased such a head unit... will it be possible to hook it up to such an old car? any tips on beginners? i just want to be able to charge/listen to my phone. i dont care much for fancy or speaker quality at this time. only bc money is an issue.

well, i dont care much for bluetooth. i dont mind using an aux cable. and if it had a usb port i could also charge it, which not being able to is another reason i want a new head unit. but see you didnt really answer my question. ive only got about $100 and idk if that would constitute a "nice" head unit, let alone how do i find out if i can connect it to my old as hell car? i dont have my users manual for my car, and ive looked everywhere online for one. so im just trying to get a feel for whats out there. i guess trying to learn this stuff myself. once i figure out if it will work and what kind to get, i intend to have my step daughters boyfriend help me do it myself.

I got a Bluetooth h/u off ebay for $67 dollars and it works perfectly nothing fancy but does everything you need and there is no issue with your car I would recommend getting a pigtail connector so you don't cut into the hard wiring of the car you can get them at any audio shop or off the internet for around $15

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.