Noise from amp with no aux and car off

Participant count
  • Participant list

caseyarndt
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
West MI
There is a static and sometimes popping noise coming from my subs even with no aux cables in the amp and the deck/car off, the noise is still there with everything on and hooked up.

I have changed subs to test and still the same noise.

The amp is a viper 2500.1 and the car is a Chevy cobalt, I have had different amps in the car before with no problems at all.

Any advice or is something just wrong with the amp?

yes the amp is off when its making the popping and static noise

the amp does turn off with the key off. at least the led light turns off

I would suggest getting a DMM and testing your speaker outputs and seeing what and how much power the amp is putting out when you turn the car off. I would test it right away and if you get anything while the car is off, disconnect it right away. Might drain your battery. But you should have zero noise when the car is off.

how long does the static and popping continue after you turn it off? on the output side, it should discharge, and have no power available to make noise. the power supply section needs to operate actively to allow the output section to do anything. are you powering it from a factory head unit? how is the signal fed?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.