No sound to sub? Help please?!

Participant count
  • Participant list

ak49
10+ year member

Suprise?
Here is what im trying to do and what happens:

Gear:

Crunch P1100.2 Amp, (1100wmaxx/550rms@4 ohms bridged)

Either 1 MagAudio Dub200 (800/400 DVC 4 ohm) OR 1 Volfenhag (1200/600 DVC 4 ohm)

So here the problem, I installed a new head unit to day, wired it all properly and so forth, works amazing. I hooked up the power cable to my battery, ran it to the amp, ran the 2 RCA outs from the stereo to the 2 RCA in-puts on the amp, ran the remote turn on wire from stereo to amp, ran the amp ground cable to the chassis, and i hooked up (tried both subs) 1 sub in bridged on the amp.

When i turn the car/stereo on, the crunch logo lights up on the amp, so i am getting power, i turn the stereo up but the woofer doesn't move, vibrate or anything at all? Neither sub works in this configuration, but i do know the subs are good. I also checked to make sure the stereo didn't have a setting to turn the amp on/off or sub on/off, it doesn't so were OK there. I also set the pass and mode on the amp for a 1 sub configuration.

What could be the problem?

All i could think of is if im doing something wrong with how the RCA's are suppose to go OR when we tested everything outside of the car before installing it we used jumper cables clamped to the ground wire, and the other end clamped to the chassis, so maybe it wasn't grounding properly?

everything is brand new so i assume it should be in working order.

so I've done some more reading, apparently the stereo is suppose to have a sub woofer out set of RCA ..mine doesn't, sooo i need an in-line converter?

Anyone? Just wanna maybe confirm this before i go spend more money?

HU make/model? Also, PLEASE don't tell me you hooked **** up with the battery still live!? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

HU is a Dual, modle, dunno too lazy to look, it doesnt have sub woofer rca jacks ont he back, buddy is gunna gimmi and eq for a temp fix

You want help, but too lazy to get model numbers. GTFO nuub...
Yeah, that's why I told him to go spend more money...I'm too lazy to want to help him! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.