No sound from subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participant list

unknown7891

Alright so about 2 months ago I bought a Sony 1000watt amp and a Sony 1000watt subwoofer. I brought both with my wiring kit to a friends friends shop to have it installed. Everything was working great for a few weeks then I started noticing a problem. Some days when I would startup car, the amplifier would be on but I would get no sound from my subwoofer. A few days would pass and then when I would start my car again it would turn on and everything would work fine. I was told my sub had bad voice coils so I exchanged my sub with a brand new one a few days ago and the sub still did not turn on. I have checked and rechecked all the wiring and it all looks fine. I just don't understand why it would work randomly. What could it possibly be? My power is fine, ground is fine, my remote wire is fine, maybe the speaker wire from the amp to the sub is bad? Maybe the RCA cables? I'm sorry this is relatively long just trying to help you understand exactly what's going on. Any help would be appreciated thank you

That's correct, amp on and not in protection mode but nothing from subwoofer. I just don't understand why it works sometimes? Is there any way to test the RCA cables or the input/output on the amp or head unit?

Yeah I'm going to go pick up a cheap set tomorrow. I'm not sure if it's got anything to do with it but when I said there was no sound, what I meant was the subwoofer isn't turning on at all which leads me to assume its the wires going into the sub for power (positive and negative wired). I could be wrong though I'm not the best with car audio

well in that case all wiring has not been checked so I would start there pull sub from box hook up to amp and see if sub plays if it dont then its not the wiring for the subs thats the issue.

yea but u just said it could be the speaker wires which is easy enough to verify
How could I test both the wires themselves and the output on the amp? My last resort is sending it to Sony as I have a warranty, but I'd like to figure this out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.