Big 3 Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

poisoned10
10+ year member

Richmond
I am in the process of upgrading my big 3 and I think I have everything done and just need to put it back together.

Before I do, I wanted to make sure that I have a proper ground to the engine. In the picture is where I have it right now and I think that is the factory ground, but I'm not 100% sure.

So if someone can let me know if this is a proper ground or not I would greatly appreciate it.

f522be8d.jpg

Yep, looks good.

I hate seeing red ground wires, you are asking for trouble. If anything, wrap the entire length with black electrical tape so no red is showing. Red is +12V, someone may land that on the positive terminal and explode the battery.

Yep, looks good.
I hate seeing red ground wires, you are asking for trouble. If anything, wrap the entire length with black electrical tape so no red is showing. Red is +12V, someone may land that on the positive terminal and explode the battery.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Yep, looks good.
Thanks for confirming!

The audio store I went to gave me the wire and the tards gave me 3 red sleeves and 3 black sleeves. I just put the red one there because I know where that wire is coming from. The other end that goes to the battery has a black sleeve though.

Sleeves alone are not sufficient in my book. Sleeves can be removed. You may know but a mechanic who works on your car may not. I have seen many problems from this, especially at the amp.

I used black wire with the little red and black covers on the end. But mechanics don't work on my car unless it is something beyond my ability. That would be something involving pulling the engine and I'll pull my big 3 if something like that comes along.

Just my preference. I follow industry standard wire colors so any competent installer could follow my work and know exactly what I was doing.

Usually, when we need someone else to work on our cars, it is an emergency.

Your gain should be fine where it is. You could put it on a meter just so you feel better about it though.
Ok, thanks!

I appreciate everyone's quick response.

And by the way, all the wire I ran is orange, not red. Bad lighting I guess made it look red.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.