Need advice on running the hot from battery through fire wall.

Look in the engine bay,on the fire wall and see if there is an exsisting grommet or rubber plug.other wise,time to break out the drill bit.

Drill a hole, I feel it is a lot easier. Just make sure if you do drill a hole, that before you drill it, you make sure the location you are drilling is good, and you will not drill into something.

Other than that once the hole is drilled make sure to put some tape or something around the hole to ensure it will not cut the wire and cause a short. Then route the wire towards the side of the car. Tuck the wire under the panels on the side of the car with the back of a wrench, and then pop off the panel under the door, and run it in that. Then continue to tuck the wire into the panels until you get to the seats. Push the back off the seats down, exposing the trunk. Then route the wire around the seats and behind the seat belt holder, and into the trunk.

If this is a hatchback the end of the procedure may be slightly different.

Depends on your car. It seems the newer they are, the harder it is to get to the firewall from the engine compartment...there's always been some other type of divider in my cars. However, I've always been able to find a spot to go through as well without drilling...just a different kind of pain in the ace!

Got it done did some drilling.Man that was the worst part of the whole installation.Goodness!! What a pain in the ___.It sounds awesome.It's the MTX 10's Magnum with the 800 watt amp all in one package.I read a lot of reviews before i bought it and most wrote the amp is no way 800 watt.It *****.This and that.Over all ratings were 5 ***** so for the money, $167 and change through amazon with the 8 gauge amp instillation kit Wow i'm very happy even if the amp does turn out to **** i'll just get a better one.Cause i didn't really have the funds to exceed $200 so it worked out great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.