No nails no screws..

Participant count
  • Participant list

My63bug

Senior VIP Member
So I'm building my box from MDF. And I want to router nice big round half-inch corners like so
20170709_112120_zpsk0ea3kpx_edit_1499625124481_zpsumwp5g6j.jpg'%20alt='20170709_112120_zpsk0ea3kpx_edit_1499625124481_zpsumwp5g6j.jpg'>%7D

So I was thinking about using screws not countersinking them just to tighten it up till the glue dries then pulling the screws out. I'm afraid if I leave nails where screws in. That big of a bevel will hit them. I'm hearing to glue will be strong enough

People say that is true. And really, when these guys are just air nailing anyways it must be true. (Ever tried to pull 2 pieces apart that are just air nailed with tiny brad nailer? Super easy). If you try this just be sure to glue properly, use lots and spread evenly with a shaping tool of some sort.

I myself am a glue and screw guy. And I use lots of screws, usually in a pattern because I have OCD tendencies...even though they are filled and not visible...

Other option would be to draw a line across at 1/2" and keep your screws towards the inside 1/4". Countersink down 3/8", fill, sand, router. Should clear.

I would not trust a high power box without some other fasteners, even the best of them will split eventually with weather and use.

Best would be to double up the wood on that side then you can use glue alone to hold.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.