No luck ported, time for a sealed...

I attempted a ported design and failed. I have an 02 f150 extended cab that I removed the 40 portion of the rear 60/40 split bench. I could probably get 2.5 to 3 cubes tops. Do you really think that going that big sealed will have good sound quality and still get moderately loud?

Have someone build the box... like me or something haha. Anyways, if you only have that much room, I would suggest going sealed. Ported gets a ton louder, and I can't really tell the difference in SQ between the two boxes.

moderately loud yes. sq IMO, yes.

You could accomplish more then decent sq with a ported xxx and be more then a lil louder. But, i imagine that in an f-150, you prolly wouldnt miss the gain a whole lot.

Of course, sq is a subjective opinion.

Well, I went to a local shop , but do not want to pay $130 for a box. I sent an email to gnome, but that was only a day or two ago so I haven't gotten a reply yet. I would be more than willing to pay for plans for a ported box, but would like to know that I am getting something that would work.

spr_f150...I emailed gnomeaudio when I was needing plans for my box..and never received anything from them. This was about 2-2.5 weeks ago.

This is just my experience with them..other ppl have had great success, I was not one of them.

I recommend you PM Old_School on these forums. He built plans for my box..and I am 100% satisified with the way it turned out. The plans were VERY detailed, he's usually around to help or replies in a timely manner. He also offers phone tech support! lol

I'm still amazed by this sub/box combo. I know the speaker is awesome, and you have to have the right box to make something sound good. And that's exactly what Old_School 'built' me.

Ps. Might also contact Jmac on the forums as well...he just started making box plans again..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.