No in the area has 1" mdf.. Can I glue two sheets of 1/2" together?

liquid nails never gets as hard was wood glue. It always remains tacky. I don't use it.
I noticed that too when I was just trying to glue a couple of small pieces together...let it sit for a couple of hours, and I was able to break the joint apart VERY easily.

No roller is needed but then again neither is a table saw or a router... but they sure do make it easier and more quality of a job.
i dont use a roller...and i disagree that it makes it a more quality job with a roller. A piece of cardboard or a bondo spreader and a few brad nails works well.

I called jimmy and he told me there is a huge plywood lumber yard just down the street and they will be open monday.. Hopefully they will have one inch

i dont use a roller...and i disagree that it makes it a more quality job with a roller. A piece of cardboard or a bondo spreader and a few brad nails works well.
To each their own. I use a roller because it gets the glue nice and even. Without that, you're going to get lots of air pockets whether you think so or not. Also, brad nails do not clamp it together. If the board wants to pull apart it will. Also the brad nails hitting the saw and router are not good for them. Just a bad idea imo but I guess we'll agree to disagree.

exactly... a cheap J roller is 15$ how much is the back of a notebook? absolutely no difference in time required or quality achieved... they both spread the glue evenly and you don't have to clean the scrap of card paper....

To each their own. I use a roller because it gets the glue nice and even. Without that, you're going to get lots of air pockets whether you think so or not. Also, brad nails do not clamp it together. If the board wants to pull apart it will. Also the brad nails hitting the saw and router are not good for them. Just a bad idea imo but I guess we'll agree to disagree.
I get what youre saying about the router and saw though. But youre telling me that when i glue and then brad nail two sheets together that i can easily pull it apart?

good quality Carbide or tico carbide blades will go right thru a 18-22G brad nail with no ill effect at all...

I have used and still use a J roller but not for a thin glue like TB... there is no need for it...

I do not disagree that a J roller works very well, but there is no difference... I do it all the time when I don't wanna use the roller and I have never had a customer bring a box back because it came apart...

the glue holds the material not the nails..

I get what youre saying about the router and saw though. But youre telling me that when i glue and then brad nail two sheets together that i can easily pull it apart?
No of course not man nor am I trying to insult you. I've seen several cases of the gapped space rattling. I think the goal is to get glue in every possible spot with no gaps, and the best way to get it even so you can minimize these gaps is a roller. I've tried them all.

No of course not man nor am I trying to insult you. I've seen several cases of the gapped space rattling. I think the goal is to get glue in every possible spot with no gaps, and the best way to get it even so you can minimize these gaps is a roller. I've tried them all.
lol, tis all good man. I will agree with you that the roller is probably the best way, but is it necessary, no. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

i have seen the ill effects as well but it is because the person was lazy or sloppy.. not because the method is flawed.

definately not trying to argue the point other than that..

I dont see why he doesn't just take 1/4" off of the outside dimensions and use 3/4"......

the internal dimensions would stay exactly the same and if .25" on the outside is that big of an issue he has seriouz problemz...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.