Tinsel leads

lift the dustcap off and gently pry the tinsel lead from the ca glue joint(where the tinsel lead is soldered to the voice coil leads) then you have to cut back the vc lead and solder new tinsel onto the vc slide it back thru a hole in the cone and solder it to the post(or to speaker leads)put ca over the soldered vc/tinsel joint and then glue the dustcap back down.

^ will never be able to get a good connection if the recone was done correctly would be covered in epoxy.

if they did the recone correctly the leads wouldnt touch eather.

if there is at least 1/2" sticking out of the cone i can fix.

what i do is solder a new lead on there then coil the leadwire back a lil and e6000 to the back of the cone. when dry i solder to the terminal. it looks good and wont break...

^ will never be able to get a good connection if the recone was done correctly would be covered in epoxy.if they did the recone correctly the leads wouldnt touch eather.

if there is at least 1/2" sticking out of the cone i can fix.

what i do is solder a new lead on there then coil the leadwire back a lil and e6000 to the back of the cone. when dry i solder to the terminal. it looks good and wont break...
I can vouch for this method. I did this to my dc level 4 months ago and have been beating the hell out of it ever since trying to get them to fail but it just keeps booming away. I at first tried to remove the dustcap and get at the coil leads but they were covered in so much glue it was impossible to get at them and have anything left to solder to. I wasted my time with the dustcap removal. If you have enoough tinsel left outside of the cone I would try this out first.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

camaroaudio69

10+ year member
B@ngin Loud
camaroaudio69
dowtown near tha lake
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date