No idea where to start in my car.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Full Tilt
10+ year member

Bonafide MAFer
Iowa
Hey, guys. I recently just picked up a set of subs for my Grand Prix and I know that I'm going to be needing to upgrade my front stage to even get close to keeping up with these subs (Tantric HDDs) at full tilt. I likely won't even then.

That being said, I've got a ZED Leviathan that I'm hoping to incorporate into this install. I won't be using all the channels on it, but I want some speakers that are going to pair well with it, and get loud. There's a good chance I'll only put speakers/tweeters up front and attempt to run some mids in the back. Any suggestions on gear?

Also, this particular car came equipped with a Monsoon sound system, which has another speaker in the middle of the front dashboard. Is this a space I should consider using, or just empty it and leave it alone?

Leave the center alone. There are some great components out. But we need a budget to recommend some of these
Jim, just gimme something to spend money on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

A couple hundred bucks is what I planned on spending for a couple speakers/tweeters themselves, along with some mids. I'm not sticking to a hard budget, just looking for the some good bang-for-buck gear.

Jim, just gimme something to spend money on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
A couple hundred bucks is what I planned on spending for a couple speakers/tweeters themselves, along with some mids. I'm not sticking to a hard budget, just looking for the some good bang-for-buck gear.
I'd go with ampere dream series components. And the matching coaxes

I'd go with ampere dream series components. And the matching coaxes
How would they stack up against something like Incriminator's I65C component sets? I've got a set of those laying around, would it be worth buying the Amperes?

How would they stack up against something like Incriminator's I65C component sets? I've got a set of those laying around, would it be worth buying the Amperes?[/quoteGreat. These thing sound really good. And the mid bass is nice I like them as a go to budget set under $240

Hey, guys. I recently just picked up a set of subs for my Grand Prix and I know that I'm going to be needing to upgrade my front stage to even get close to keeping up with these subs (Tantric HDDs) at full tilt. I likely won't even then.
That being said, I've got a ZED Leviathan that I'm hoping to incorporate into this install. I won't be using all the channels on it, but I want some speakers that are going to pair well with it, and get loud. There's a good chance I'll only put speakers/tweeters up front and attempt to run some mids in the back. Any suggestions on gear?

Also, this particular car came equipped with a Monsoon sound system, which has another speaker in the middle of the front dashboard. Is this a space I should consider using, or just empty it and leave it alone?
Are you looking for a deck ? I got a slightly used but mint 80 prs for sale

they are HDDs man. I'd go with some killer PA mids and some decently loud soft domes if you want to go full tilt with your setup. Are you limited to 6.5s or can you go 8 inch?

If you can go 8 inch, out of the 6 channels of the leviathan, i'd bridge 4 of them to the mids alone and put the remaining on the tweets.

Are you looking for a deck ? I got a slightly used but mint 80 prs for sale
Appreciate it, but I'm good on a deck

they are HDDs man. I'd go with some killer PA mids and some decently loud soft domes if you want to go full tilt with your setup. Are you limited to 6.5s or can you go 8 inch?

If you can go 8 inch, out of the 6 channels of the leviathan, i'd bridge 4 of them to the mids alone and put the remaining on the tweets.
I guess I'm not necessarily limited, I just figured I'd keep it simple using 6.5s in the doors. I'll have to pull the doors apart to see if I'd have room to run bigger.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.