Door Speakers for '06 Silverado 1500 Extended Cab?

Participant count
  • Participant list

maddog808
10+ year member

maddog808 is on a distinguished road

Door Speakers for '06 Silverado 1500 Extended Cab?

I just recently bought a '06 Silverado 1500 extended cab, and the door speakers are all blown. I had some cheap gear in a '03 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab since 2005, but I sold that truck and left the door speakers in it. I never really liked them anyway. They were Polk audio components in the front & Polk coaxials in the rear....

Here's a list of what I have to work with:

HU:____Kenwood KDC-BT752HD

Amps: _Rockford Fosgate Punch 200a4

_______Powerbass ASA 400.4

_______Kicker ZX400.1

Subs: (2) Kicker 05CVR102 - 10" CompVR 2ohm dual voice coils

In my old truck, the Kicker subs were facing forward in a sealed enclosure behind the back seat, powered by the Kicker amp.

I'm thinking I'll buy this down-firing sub enclosure from Amazon that fits under the back seat of my new truck. It's only $70, and has the mounting depth and plenty of air space for the CVR 10's. Also, people seem to be pleased with it in trucks like mine:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013MWT4O/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=vs-auto-convert-amazon-20

Any suggestions for some front and rear door speakers to go with either of those other 2 amps I have listed above? I was using the Punch 200a4 in my old truck, but someone gave me that Powerbass 400.4 amp a couple years ago, and it's just been sitting in my garage. I've never heard of it, but if I could use it along with the Punch amp to run some good sounding door speakers, I might even spend some money on a 6 or 8 channel DSP.

The Kenwood HU has 3 sets of RCA's, and a built-in crossover, but maybe I could ditch that x-over and go active instead? Maybe 4 channels up front, 2 in the rear doors, and 1 channel to the subs? Or should I just keep it simple and take the money I would spend on a DSP, and instead buy a really nice set of components for the front doors and run them off the HU's crossover through either the Punch or Powerbass amps? I'm not even sure if I care about rear door speakers for "fill".

What do you guys think?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.