No audio, maybe dead battery related.

Participant count
  • Participant list

jd9730

Setup: Audio Input -> Crossover/Line Driver -> Alpine 5ch amp -> Out to speakers/sub

The input is via bluetooth receiver or aux in. No head unit.

Everything was working fine for over a year, and the other day I left a light on, almost killing the battery overnight. When I started it, the car barely had enough juice to start, and I had to hold the gas for a bit.

But, during my drive home, the audio was totally fine. I got home, parked it for ~8 hours. When I started it back up, I had no volume. Like, it sounds exactly like what happens when you have headphones plugged in and the cable isn't quite in all the way. Really really faint. If I turn the volume all the way up, I can just barely hear the music.

I have power to the amp and crossover, and I used both the bluetooth in and aux in, and I tried different sources (phone, laptop). Checked the grounds as well. I have fuses on the amp, but not the crossover.

What could have caused this? And why would it be delayed, and not immediately after the almost-dead battery? I haven't touched any of the wiring in over a year.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.