2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse W/ Inifinity Factory Amp Head Unit Help!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

DubstepOCE

WA
Okay, so I have installed plenty of stereo's to vehicles and never ran into a DIN Connector. This was my first one. I was doing it for a friend, he has a Pioneer Double DIN he wants to install in his car, he and I wanted to try to get it done today and being in a small town with very little car shops that carry everything you can think of, we opted to try to make our own DIN Connector to RCA Connector. Went to Walmart, bought a 4 male RCA 6 ft cable, I cut it, stripped it and had a diagram of the connector for reference. Cut the DIN Connector, hooked the red wire to my red Accessory wire, black to the negative of the RCA, and Positive to any of the 4 colors from the DIN Connector. Tried to turn it on and listen for an output from what speaker, got static and that was it. Pioneer double din didn't turn on. After struggling for a while we decided it obviously wasn't going to work. No harm no foul, i did mention I think I might of broken his pioneer and I would buy him a new one. Put his stock stereo in, knowing we would get no audio output, but could maybe get confirmation it will turn on and what-not. Nothing. Didn't light up when I turned the headlights on. Nothing. What did I break. Any suggestions would be amazing, I feel like ****.. I really hope I didn't break anything too bad. I checked the fuse on the interior panel and it wasn't blown.. Really could use some help.. Thanks guys

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.