nissan 240 sx

Yeah the R34 is a little over rated. LOL look at most video games, they always have a skyline as the "road king". If i had the money and chance i'd personally would love to own one but i dont see that happening, i live in central new york and the closest to street racing it gets here is a 3000gt vr4

on topic

sr20 and rb25det are both awesome motors. the sr20 has lots of support for modding, somewhat more than the rb. sr20's are well built and can hold upwards of 400hp on stock internals, the rb is good for about 500. Pretty good for the four banger. Plus it RWD not FWD. RWD>FWD

Both are not too expensive to swap into the 240sx.

Its not a bad combo. I'll let you know how mine turns out.

If skylines are so overrated then why do they win a lot of JGTC Championships? I think the reason it's so popular is because of it's Super HICAS steering and AWD giving it excellent handling and the fact the stock block can handle 600 hp without a rebuild.

RB26dett would actually bolt right into the 240sx by using the skyline tranny's crossmembers. You'd need to cut part of the hood supports, and switch to a single turbo layout in order to clear the steering column. Or you can take the easy way out and just buy the Mckinney mounts for $1000 which drops the engine further into the engine. Honestly, I think this swap is just for bragging rights as you can make much more power with the sr for the same amount of money.

I have an SR20DE in my Nissan. My friend just gave it to me and I had a Sentra layin around in the yard and I decided to put the motor in there. It really hauls ass lol. Right now, I dont have any exterior mods. And the motor came with a cold air intake. In case you were wondering...my friend is really rich and he had a SR20 with 50k on it. He was tired of it laying around and he knew that he could use it. But the main draw back is, I had to buy the computer and the harness....50 bucks...not too bad. O...and I got the tranny with the motor too. I am thinking of leavin the exterior plain and simple (stock). So I look like I can be easily beaten. I raced a Honda on a strip of road near my house. He had a stock setup, and he thought I had one too. HEHE I lied. I smoked his ass off the line and was about 200 feet ahead of him.

Just drop in a ls1/ls6 engine and call it a day...its bin done..Go on ls1tech.com and theyll tell you bout it.. http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267840 thats one member doing a ls1 240 swap..

Quote:

Originally Posted by black_z

Nice conversion, arent 240's synonymous for awesome handling? Did the LS1 throw it off at all?

Quoted by : 240sx-ls1

Surprisingly, the motors are almost the same weight wise (only about a 15-20 pound diff) So I can't tell a difference.

Im about to buy a 95' 240sx... and later plan on dropping an SR20DET motor into. The only problem im having right now, is trying to figure out how im going to smog it whne i do drop it in, as in CA smog laws blow ass and its hard lol.

To me... SR20DET belongs in a 240, not a stupid ass Skyline motor. Like SayWhat? said, skyline motors belong in skylines, SR20s belong in all others lol.

Dbhittin.. what u doing 2 ur 240?

hey guys.. right now im driving around a 94 integra. not really digging it. i plan to go with a 97-98 240SX next. how much u think itll cost to get a SR20DET in it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.