Next round of Amps to test? Suggestions wanted

Why don't anyone dyno Brazilian amps , seen a couple 3k done but nothing above 6k has been done ?
They have been done.. The Dyno isn't the only thing that can measure output.

The Taramp's Bass12k has been tested up to 13,000w @1%THD and 14,100w distorted.

Us personally are looking into start testing ampliifer above 1200w.

We finally, after 2 years, are done testing lithium cells to determine what we will use in our own vehicle.. and on our test bench.

Right now, i'm trying to determine what i can use these cells for BESIDES just testing amplifiers before i import more of them for everyone.

Once i figure that out, i can show off more results. Our test results of some amps are already posted on this site.

Here is sample of our testing-

8ohm-30hz-12.88v-81.8f-clean_1.jpg

In here, we set everything to max to get the maximum True RMS Wattage value but it also holds all other values to max too so we must look at the bottom on the Spectrum Graph to obtain the realtime values for this given test.

With this, we are able to provide the following per test-

VA

True RMS Wattage

Power Factor

AC Voltage

AC Amperage

Impedance

Frequency

Duration since start

THD %

DC Power

DC Voltage

DC Amperage

Duration since start

Efficiency (calculated)

Maximum values

Realtime values

Signal Quality Graph

Spectrum Graph for Volt, Amp and Power

In this test, this was done on a Taramp's DSP-3000 2ohm version.

Given here, we see-

94vAC

12.5aAC

1170w

DC- 1345w

DCa- 103.2A

DCv- 12.88v (14.3 was max before the drop. verified with spectrum graph below)

THD- 1.2%

Frequency- 31Hz

Impedance- 7.5ohm

Efficiency- 87.0%

Temperature- 81.8F (verified with probe)

Amplifier rating from buildhouse-

1142w

1KHz

THD- 5.3%

Impedance- 8ohm

Temperature- 78F

Voltage- 12.6vDC

So, as you can see, testing shows it to be pretty close. 0.5ohm lower, 0.28v higher, but at 30hz also which is much harder than 1KHz and our signal was virtually clean. Let's add some distortion to the mix and show how Taramp's does over rated-

8ohm-30hz-13.0v-78.1f-3.7thd.jpg

This is with 3.7% THD, still lower than 5.3%. Still 7.5ohm vs 8ohm rated. We are now at 13.0v vs 12.6v rated and our temperature is 78.1F, which is dead on with rated.

Now producing 1,320w of power which is almost 200w over rated and still not as distorted as rated.

We have similar results of other powerful amps tested at high impedance before we can test at lower impedance once our lithium cells get here.

hey test a 2 channel like this and a small zapco so we know if they do ratings or more.. TN2.600D - Soundstream 2-Channel 600W Class D Full Range Amplifier i had ed stuff before ya'll heard of it meh., i guess amps ok had like 3 diff subs never really did it for me, baskets were just like fi alpha and others have now., black cone 12's in ported box in my gallery are ed..
I think BigDWiz has a Zapco upcoming... Not sure though

I am more than willing to test out older gear, just tough to buy it and get the money back out of it when selling. If you want me to tst your amps I would be happy to do it and pay return shipping.

TS has plenty of Amp Dynos out there. SKAR produces their own vids and look to be honest. They show the rp1500 not doing 1500 watts certified, and they will show the amp missing if it misses. They may talk thru it like it's no big deal... But I give them credit they didn't hide it.
the skar 2000 did 2200 or so..

Interested in MB Quart. Specifically the da2400.1.

I think it is walking a skar rp 2000d.

Mb quart 140.00/ skar 220.00, both rated ~2000 watts rms@1 ohm

So Skar amps are a hit and miss?
They are close... The 1500 missed on the certified rating, but I believe hit it on Dynamic. I would say for the money, what you get with Skar is about what you would expect. I'm considering on my next round testing a RP1500.1DM (Marine version) its the same amp as the RP1500, but atleast if I run into a situation where I have to keep it, at least its a marine amp and I can use it on my boat.

Interested in MB Quart. Specifically the da2400.1.I think it is walking a skar rp 2000d.

Mb quart 140.00/ skar 220.00, both rated ~2000 watts rms@1 ohm
I wouldn't say it will walk over the Skar, when I tested a Za2-1500.5 I was very disappointed. MB's are re-badged hifonics amps, so at best it's a Zeus 2400... And will be no where near 2400 watts...

It did, but the 1500 missed
yeah it was like 1300 i think.. anyone said this yet?

Orion CB2500.1D2 Cobalt Series cause if that does it's power at 2 ohm that would be something but i bet it's more like 950 or so.. the d1 model has good reviews, never had any luck with cobalt stuff we sold at shop many year ago.. the memphis speakers and subs were much better., but with xtr testing so good makes me wonder.. http://www.orioncaraudio.com/cobalt-series-class-d-mono-amps-/733-cb25001d2.html

yeah it was like 1300 i think.. anyone said this yet? Orion CB2500.1D2 Cobalt Series cause if that does it's power at 2 ohm that would be something but i bet it's more like 950 or so.. the d1 model has good reviews, never had any luck with cobalt stuff we sold at shop many year ago.. the memphis speakers and subs were much better., but with xtr testing so good makes me wonder.. CB2500.1D2 - Orion Car Audio
BigDWiz told me he has a CB3500.1d in house for testing now, so we will see how the Cobalts are soon enough. I have 4 amps lined up for testing now and will need to figure out the next round of amps I want to test.

I know of an amp that you will get a chance to test that no one has.....dunno why either. But it's quite big and the company went out of business long time ago //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.