Next round of Amps to test? Suggestions wanted

bigblank69
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Eureka, MO
So I've gotten everything filmed for the test of the Planet Audio (From this point forward I will call them Planet Rip-Off), and since I have it hanging around till the spring I'm going to video a test of the Kicker KX M1200.1 I have here (Actually a screaming deal for a 1200W Kicker Marine amp, $199 on Amazon right now..)... But after that I need ideas...

I'm thinking of doing the Orion Cobalt 3500.1D or the Rockville Db15 next. The Orion is rated at 1750W Rms @ 1ohm (14.4V) and the Rockville is rated at 1500Wx1 @ 2ohm... The Orion is $169 Shipped, the Rockville is $159.

I have hope for these two, Orion has been putting out good stuff in the XTR and HCCA lines of amps... but what about the lower lines like the Cobalt and Ztreet? And Rockville had a couple of amps do pretty well with the BigDWiz, but what about these new 2 ohm stable amps?

So thats what I'm thinking but I'm open to suggestions though.. Suggestions should be under 2k rms rated and under $200....

Audiopipe has been done... Soundstream is a maybe... but by chance it does 3K I might be limited in the testing ability.....
do my ppi man peeps rec'd it, i get it and since then everyone acts like it don't do the power it did in the test.. cause for the 4 it's 1 of the few that does over 900 @ 2 ohm peeps say 1 ohm is where it's at ok if u run 1 ohm after rise u mostly getting 2 ohm power so it's still important.. most 1200rms 1ohm amp do 6-700 at 2 ohm mine does more.. yes cab does more but it's huge..

Massive N3
Belva bb2000dv2 (nobody has done and amp dyno yet!)

Audiopipe APCL 15001D
The OP already dyno'd the Belva BB5000 and got 2100 watts on it so you can just basically scale to size using that number. The APCL already has a full amp dyno video from big d wiz. 1300 watts clean.

do my ppi man peeps rec'd it, i get it and since then everyone acts like it don't do the power it did in the test.. cause for the 4 it's 1 of the few that does over 900 @ 2 ohm peeps say 1 ohm is where it's at ok if u run 1 ohm after rise u mostly getting 2 ohm power so it's still important.. most 1200rms 1ohm amp do 6-700 at 2 ohm mine does more.. yes cab does more but it's huge..
The PPI has been done by Sonic.... That's why its recommended. No desire to test that or that board again (Polk, Soundstream TN1.1200d, NVX, Hertz).

Also no desire to test a CAB, its been done over and over...

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.