next questions...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Crashking
10+ year member

searched a bit for this also and couldnt find a straight answer

head unit has a subwoofer control on it along with the bass, treble, left right, front back controls.

is this like a remote gain and should just be left alone? or is it ok to use this and get a little more out of the sub?

hu has preouts but in the manual it does not say how many volts it is.... is this very important? i know it's a low number... but not sure

*edit* was looking at the tutorial on setting gains in the amp forum... says to but the sub volume level to max before setting gains... sound good?

No, they aren't. They control the output voltage coming from the sub RCA output. Remote gains boost the signal that is already inputted into the amp at a certain frequency, usually 45Hz (not at all frequencies like the HU does).

Yes, always set the sub level on the deck to max before setting the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.