HU keys

Participant count
  • Participant list

Crashking
10+ year member

hopefully ya'll know what i'm talkin about... if not it's the little metal things that slide into the side of the hu to release it from inside the dash...

anyways i seem to have misplaced mine (they weren't in the component boxes, the HU box or with the instructions... have to hunt more when i have a bit more time) i was wondering how i would go about getting another set... or if best buy or circuit city would be able to pop my head unit out for me, or do i have to contact sony (sony cdx m800 hu) and order another set?

or is there a site that i can order them from?

reason being i will be installing an amp and sub soon... once i get the mdf and tweed

it's for a dodge truck, the stock head unit that came with the truck is no longer in there, a sony hu was installed, and i need to take it out so that i can wire in the sub and amp would it still be dodge keys or sony keys?

yeah had to buy the kit since it went from a dual din hu to a single din hu

thanks a bunch, now that i know who i need to go after for the keys... makes it a litttle bit easier

off to sounddomain to find these bishes!

well i looked... can't seem to find them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

guess i'll have to stop by a best buy and see if they will let me borrow them when i need em

good news! stopped by best buy and asked the guy working in the install department if they had any left over keys that i could use so that i can take the hu out... i pull my truck up so he can look at it... goes back into the bay comes back with a set of keys and i'm on my way...

don't think any screwdrivers would work... not without damaging anything cause there was space just big enough to slide a little slip of paper between the holder and the head unit

thanks ya'll for the suggestions of what to do. i just feel better if i do it right with the right tools... not risking damage

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Crashking

10+ year member
Crashking
Orlando, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from