Next level of Subwoofers after Sundown?

ummm no thermally a sa will out due a lvl3. if the motor had better cooling then yes. the sa is able to handle more power too if you want me to recone with te spl coil //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Have u not seen the new motors from dc????

I would If I could!
I don't think it's going to get much better than Sundowns SA-12"s as far as SQ/SPL, Capacity to handle as much power as they do, take as much abuse

as they do in that price range ($250.00) per sub, correct me If Im wrong though, that's what this thread is for. Really all I wanted to do was see what

my options were from people who have "graduated" from Sundowns (in previous setups) that have moved on.
You're very very wrong. They aren't an SQ sub, period. They can sound decent in the proper application, hell, they can sound good. Mine sounds good to me. But they are not an SQ sub. They are REALLY good at taking Abuse though... Some 12" options that I'd really like to try instead of Sundown, with a ~2k power handling for the pair:

First... the Eclipse that Murph is selling

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154e0baada639b0/shopdata/0050_Speakers/0040_SSD/product_overview.shopscript

Chaos 12 Ascendant Audio 12" 800W Chaos Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE

GCON-12 Sound Solutions Audio 12" 750W GCON Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE

Tantric Sounds MD: What we are bringing - Car Stereo Classifieds / Tantric Sounds - Automotive - Gonzales, LA | Facebook

TC Sounds Epic 12" DVC Subwoofer 293-650

A little out of the budget...: TC Sounds LMS-R 12" DVC Subwoofer 293-658

THESE RIGHT HERE: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/554054-2-12-stereo-integrity-mags-v2-%24350.html

And then there's a lot more custom/ old school stuff on the forums that I'd love to try out.

Dont see how you get that the lvl 3 is a 1000 rms woofer the sa is 600. Lvl 3 is a 3 inch coil, and isnt the sa only a 2.5 inch coil?
You're really going to call the SA a 600w woofer? Come on man.... we all know it's good for 1k at least. I give mine 1.2k for a year now. But yes, it does only have a 2.5" coil.

Ya i know thay they are good for 1k. SAme with my m1 lvl 3s rated at 600 took 1k all day with a slightly clipped signal. But the new lvl 3 is rated for 1k and has better cooling and has a 3 inch coil. Thats all im saying, the level 3 would be a step up but probably not a very big one.

nope dont hate dc at all, it just took over where re audio left off. why would you say that i rebuild alot of DC sub.

if ya wanna beat a sa with a dc sub step up to a lvl4 or you wont hear a diff.

optimizing ur enclosure will be a bigger improvment...

You're very very wrong. They aren't an SQ sub, period. They can sound decent in the proper application, hell, they can sound good. Mine sounds good to me. But they are not an SQ sub. They are REALLY good at taking Abuse though... Some 12" options that I'd really like to try instead of.
I never wrote Sundown SA's were SQ subs, I wrote SQ/SPL because I've seen people refer to the line of being SQL before. The owner of Sundown wrote here that SA-8's placed well in SQ and SPL competitions (under restrictive setups most likely). I've also seen the owner of Sundown's write his goal while designing the SA line. Here "Jacob the owner of Sundown" wrote "The SA line was not designed for reference sound quality but they are NOT an SPL driver that is incapable of sounding good, and he followed up his comment's by posting the results the the Klippel test here. That being said yes, I realize Sundowns are not SQ subs, but I know they have the advantage over other subwoofers as they have the ability to sound good, in SQ setups/tuning etc as well as have the advantage of being SPL woofers. I thank you for the links to the woofers you gave me as well as thank everyone for their input/suggestions.

There is no level after sundown.
I feel the title of the thread does not accurately reflect the topic so I messaged a mod to change it to Alternatives to Sundown's SA-12''s, $200-250

price range,but I was told they were not able to change the title of threads of this forum. Thanks everyone.

Anyone know the price on these Digital Designs 2500 series... Specs

DD2510.jpg

To be honest you're going to see very little gains for the amount of money you're spending, or you may even lose SPL/SQ by switching to something else in a new box. What exactly is your current system lacking that makes you want to switch subs? It just seems like you don't like the name sundown so you want something else; that's cool and all if you don't mind spending $500+ to see a different logo.

That money you're spending on new subs could be put towards a better electrical so you could run much more power and then you would have some noticeable differences.

You could take some black spray paint, and paint the logo on the dust cap, and call them whatever you want?Make your own logo?Its called ...Customizing

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.