newbie here...trying to build a low cost decent system...help??

Participant count
  • Participant list

cadde300

Hi to everyone here. I have general knowledge of car audio but am in a little bit of a bind trying to build my budget system. I have an 04 mustang GT with the mach 460. I am going to buy the panasonic cq-c7301u head unit along with the the metra harness needed for the highs and lows. The head unit also has built in low and high frequency crossovers so I wont' send any bass to my tweeters. I am going to build a custom rear seat delete with the box being the back of the seat with forward facing subs. I'm trying to do this to put a good amount of bass into my system without having to worry about it being so annoying that I can't stand it. I saw a deal with kicker and there 10" subs, buy one get one free. I was also turned onto hifonics amps and they seem to be decent. I plan to run these dual tens along with a hifonics zx-1000 amp that runs 250x2 rms at 4 ohms, 500x2 rms at 2 ohms. The peak power on the subs are 300 watts. Would this make up a decent sounding system in my car or should I be looking elsewhere at other options. All info is appreciated.

do you want a great sounding car? loud car? or a bit of both???

can't go wrong with kicker 10's... which model? comp? compvr? L5? L7?

hifonics amps are great budget amps, a little overrated but will work for your application...

i suggest ported and tuned low... sealed just isn't the same IMO lol

COMPvr's will get loud and sound alright ported and are quite cheap... 2 10's are probably 150-160 shipped off ebay... I would get decent subs and work on making the enclosure sound how you want... power them right and you'll be happy

~Kris

Kicker 05C104 10" Comp Series C104 are the subs I was looking at. Are those decent? So a ported box would be better for my application. I want a clean sounding thump. I am kind of leaning towards a forward facing sealed box though. I want to eliminate the rear seat all together and have the box as the filler for the hole in the trunk. Will it not sound good with a sealed box and those subs...I read those subs were recommended to use with ported and sealed box??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.