Newb, looking for suggestions on a 10" sub and an amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

JasonK94Z
10+ year member

I have been lurking around and decided to finally register and ask a question today. I recently purchased a new Ram 1500 quad cab. I am getting ready to build a custom fiberglass encosure in the storage area underneath the passenger side rear seat. I am guestimating that I will have .60 to .70 cu ft volume, sealed enclosure, firing straight up.

I will keep the factory head unit, and I have already replaced the front door midbass 6x9's and dash tweeters with Kicker. The Kicker kit came from Mopar, had the right connectors on them, and they fit in the doors properly (I got them dirt cheap). I also repalced the rear door 6x9's with 2 way Kickers, again from Mopar and dirt cheap through a friend.

I am looking for a good budget 10" sub, and an amp to run it. Amp needs to have speaker level inputs, or suggest me a converter please. Would also be nice if it had a remote adjustment for sub volume. what about runing a svc 2 ohm sub to take advantage of more power available from the amp? Is it possible to keep the price under $250?

Thanks in advance for any advice, where to buy, etc.

Edit - listen to rock, sometimes bass intensive. Also, no more than 6" of depth available.

I am getting ready to build a custom fiberglass encosure in the storage area underneath the passenger side rear seat. I am guestimating that I will have .60 to .70 cu ft volume, sealed enclosure, firing straight up.
New ones still have the difference between the passenger and driver's side "wells?"

(On my 08, the driver's side is larger)

I am able to get at least 0.69cube with 12s, so you should be good to go on a single 10 if you glass more than just the well, esp on driver's side

MSW | Car Audio Stereo, Car Subwoofers, Car Amplifiers and Speakers

MSW | Car Audio Stereo, Car Subwoofers, Car Amplifiers and Speakers

I have been lurking around and decided to finally register and ask a question today. I recently purchased a new Ram 1500 quad cab. I am getting ready to build a custom fiberglass encosure in the storage area underneath the passenger side rear seat. I am guestimating that I will have .60 to .70 cu ft volume, sealed enclosure, firing straight up.
I will keep the factory head unit, and I have already replaced the front door midbass 6x9's and dash tweeters with Kicker. The Kicker kit came from Mopar, had the right connectors on them, and they fit in the doors properly (I got them dirt cheap). I also repalced the rear door 6x9's with 2 way Kickers, again from Mopar and dirt cheap through a friend.

I am looking for a good budget 10" sub, and an amp to run it. Amp needs to have speaker level inputs, or suggest me a converter please. Would also be nice if it had a remote adjustment for sub volume. what about runing a svc 2 ohm sub to take advantage of more power available from the amp? Is it possible to keep the price under $250?

Thanks in advance for any advice, where to buy, etc.

Edit - listen to rock, sometimes bass intensive. Also, no more than 6" of depth available.

So with that amount of airspace, an 8" sub will outperform a 10"?
Being a newb, whats eg and loc mean? Sorry, lol
EQ=equalizer ; LOC=line out converter

You will be fine with 10...plenty of space to glass besides just the "wells" that will allow for install of even 12s

The difference between the passenger and the drivers side space is negligable. Nice to keep the drivers side open to be able to use without walking around the truck all the time.

The difference between the passenger and the drivers side space is negligable. Nice to keep the drivers side open to be able to use without walking around the truck all the time.
Understand your desire to keep the driver's side open for use, but on mine the diff was as much as 0.2cube....not "negligable" when you're talking about only having 0.6-0.7 to work with

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.