New VS Old USAmps

addisdar
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I don't know much about US Amps new line of AX series amps, but I am debating about to replace my current amps with the new AX line. If anyone has any experience with the new lines compared to the older lines let me know. Look at my sig for the amps I have in my car.

Older us amps kicked @ss back when Oz audio kicked @ss before JTI bought Oz audio and ever since Oz audio has ****** @ss. Oz audio does not make a **** thing anymore worthy of your sig talking about how they broke the "perfect score" as they do not make a **** thing SQ oriented anymore and I highly doubt with ANY of the processing on the market that there current product could live up to that record again.

So in short //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Would I change to a new version US amps from an old version? Not going to happen and even if you did.. what is the point of changing? You need more power?

I can say though that at least they got away from the ghetto audiobahn looking heatsinks. Went back to the old classy clean look. BEST change they have made. Will have to find some new gut shots.

See this is the evolutionary demise of a **** good amplifier company. Found these pics on amp guts. I have owned many of the 1999 era edition USA 400's.

1st usa 400 built... **** fine amplifier

inside1.jpg

2nd model usa 400. Owned many of these. **** fine amplifier.

inside2.jpg

This is the current usa 400 or most recent after the company was purchased? WTF. Hope they went back to the old board designs on the MD series... Wholly crap looks like a swap meet special.

inside1.jpg

the new ones aren't making the same amount of power as the old one though, perhaps that might explain it.

Besides, due to the good quality and engineering that is why they were met with such demise

the new ones aren't making the same amount of power as the old one though, perhaps that might explain it.

Besides, due to the good quality and engineering that is why they were met with such demise
true, get rated power, divide by 2, cut by 50%, then you will have actual output.

See this is the evolutionary demise of a **** good amplifier company. Found these pics on amp guts. I have owned many of the 1999 era edition USA 400's.
1st usa 400 built... **** fine amplifier

inside1.jpg

2nd model usa 400. Owned many of these. **** fine amplifier.

inside2.jpg

This is the current usa 400 or most recent after the company was purchased? WTF. Hope they went back to the old board designs on the MD series... Wholly crap looks like a swap meet special.

inside1.jpg
Have you ever had any of these?

USAmps002.jpg

I love it. It made me the US Amps fan I am. Sundown amps are great too. I'll only buy US Amps/Sundown for the rest of my life. Got a broken MD22 on the way right now.

the new ones arent near what the old ones were but not many of the companies that have been around as long do either. they have been forced to compete with the junk companies that put big numbers on a cheap amp. so i personally want to thank all the people that support the trash companies, im sure everyone else appriciates it too. if you buy an amp for 250 bucks new you get a 250 dollar amp. if you honestly think your going to buy a true 1800w amp for 250 bucks new then you need to throw yourself in front of a train. you probably wonder why your 1800w 250 dollar amp gets toasted by a 400w old school amp? you get what you pay for as anything you buy.

the new ones aren't near what the old ones were but not many of the companies that have been around as long do either. they have been forced to compete with the junk companies that put big numbers on a cheap amp. so i personally want to thank all the people that support the trash companies, im sure everyone else appreciates it too. if you buy an amp for 250 bucks new you get a 250 dollar amp. if you honestly think your going to buy a true 1800w amp for 250 bucks new then you need to throw yourself in front of a train. you probably wonder why your 1800w 250 dollar amp gets toasted by a 400w old school amp? you get what you pay for as anything you buy.
Agreed. I wish I was older so I could have bought all the older US Amps.

Since were on the us amps topic. How is the m2d2? I can get one cheap but i was wondering if they put out rated power? Yes i searched and people say its a good amp but dont mention if they feel it puts out its rated power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.