New vs. Old Type R

ARCL100
10+ year member

Michigan
I tried searching, but couldn't find anything.

Can someone tell me the difference between the older and newer Type R's? Other then presumably power handling, is there much difference if running @moderate power (~500W/per) ?

Looking for subs for the g/f //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

TIA

-aaron

Type R's are horrible subs, do NOT buy them!

OMG IM JUST KIDDING! Don't kill me.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hide.gif.2d479cfd917eedfe201353b91522ceab.gif

new type-r's are a completely different driver. There is really no comparison between the two, searching would have allowed you to determine this on your own...
I guess I picked the wrong search terms. If you know could you fill me in please instead of being a lil' *****?

tia

-aaron

I guess I picked the wrong search terms. If you know could you fill me in please instead of being a lil' *****?
tia

-aaron
look at the top of this section see the BIG TYPE-R THREAD //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

look at the top of this section see the BIG TYPE-R THREAD //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
If it's so easy to find the answer, could you please direct me?

I'm not about to sort through 100 pages of "my R really SLAMS in my box :headbang:" posts to find the answer - that's why I started a new post.

I'd assume many people know the answer and could easily share the info with me. That's the point of a forum - it's not strictly an archive.

Since you know the answer, wouldn't it be easier to give me a brief explination as to why the new ones are so much better then the old, as opposed to being a little cumstain?

-aaron

If it's so easy to find the answer, could you please direct me?
I'm not about to sort through 100 pages of "my R really SLAMS in my box :headbang:" posts to find the answer - that's why I started a new post.

I'd assume many people know the answer and could easily share the info with me. That's the point of a forum - it's not strictly an archive.

Since you know the answer, wouldn't it be easier to give me a brief explination as to why the new ones are so much better then the old, as opposed to being a little cumstain?

-aaron
Completely different subs.

Different surrounds, cones, VC's (i believe), basically everything.

Higher power handling.

Just a better overall sub and can be had cheap on ebay

Completely different subs.
Different surrounds, cones, VC's (i believe), basically everything.

Higher power handling.

Just a better overall sub and can be had cheap on ebay
I appreciate it, thanks! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

-aaron

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.