New US Amps VLX...meh

Um, have you tested one or are you just forming an opinion from a distance with no experience?
Exactly, Im forming an opinion from a distance with no experience

I was just hoping for something very unique or something crazy, not just some more average everyday amps, Im sure they're decent though.

yeh vlx-25 and vlx-400s were my favorite!
I did a build back in the late 90's with a friend with 12 yellow tops 3 vlx-400's and 6 pg xmax 15's walled in a 97 talon, i loved those amps and still to this day it was my favorite build ever.

Exactly, Im forming an opinion from a distance with no experience
I was just hoping for something very unique or something crazy, not just some more average everyday amps, Im sure they're decent though.
If it makes you feel any better they are custom tooled boards for US Amps, designed by the US Amps engineer -- but any way you stack it most modern Class-D amps will look pretty similar when it comes down to it.

Both of the small sub-boards look totally unique to US Amps as far as I can tell as well.

Our of curiosity - what were you hoping to see ?

Dirk did the new VLX amps, same guy who did the old VLX amps. rc10mike, I was not attacking, just trying to understand the purpose of the topic. From what I understand from US Amps, the new VLX models are meant to rest in between the canceled Merlins and AX models (replacing both). As in high end units, but not uber expensive.

Ebay is hurting US Amps badly, so they have been forced to make adjustments. From what it looks like so far, the new VLX amps are meant to make big power, just like the old models, but do it with less current draw and a much smaller foot print. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

eBay and other internet-based car audio shops have been hurting car audio for awhile, especially local car audio shops. Nowadays it is all about cheap power and who can get the best deals, customer service and quality of work on installs and enclosures have all gone south. This enables more people to get into high-power stuff but it also introduces a lot of morons into the game who ends up misusing their equipment and/or breaking something then blames it on the manufacture. I really hate younger beginners who talk like they know something then rage on when people call them out for being retarded.

US Amps used to make amps that costs in 4-figures but who's gonna pay that these days? I remember my friend paid $1500 for TWO Eclipse Ti88150 when they first came out many years ago, who's gonna pay that much for two 15s now?

Many old-school competitors from the 90s say car audio is dead, the golden-era has passed and will never return. You have tons of amateur people running around but few very experienced installers who actually has many years of knowledge and can explain RTA, 1st-4th harmonics and harmonic distortion, clipping, time-alignment, acoustic & electrical phase and transmission-line enclosures in plain English.

If it makes you feel any better they are custom tooled boards for US Amps, designed by the US Amps engineer -- but any way you stack it most modern Class-D amps will look pretty similar when it comes down to it.
Both of the small sub-boards look totally unique to US Amps as far as I can tell as well.

Our of curiosity - what were you hoping to see ?
Just something new or exciting, something that would make me say "Wow, I have to try that now". I have a weird obsession with subwoofer amps...the VLX-400 always seemed insane to me and I figured they would use that image to create something like it, but better.

Just something new or exciting, something that would make me say "Wow, I have to try that now". I have a weird obsession with subwoofer amps...the VLX-400 always seemed insane to me and I figured they would use that image to create something like it, but better.
It's going to be hard to top something that people have seen as the pinnacle of USamps's production period. It's like trying to be better than perfect.

rc10Mike, We are working on something that will rival the VLX-400 even the USA-6000's and USA-100HC Ultra's that most ppl have never even heard of much less seen.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.