Amp powers on but no sound

Participant count
  • Participant list

BassBaller_

It doesn't go into protect the amp powers on with all lights green but no sound plays. On the part of the board that says "Power Supply (pre-stage)" there is a small burn mark. its not bad at all. The burn is between a small piece of ceramic with a small roll of copper inside and a transistor i think theyre called? it has 3 prongs. I'm not sure which one it came from. just to be clear the problem is in the power supply pre-stage not the power supply. theyre on the complete opposite end of each other. None of the mosfets are blown either. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? And is it an easy fix?

the only thing i have to take pics is the cam on my phone and its horrible quality you cant make out anything. everything was wired up correctly. i let the vehicle sit for a couple months when i turned on radio there was no sound and a burning smell. I took the back plate off the amp and that was the section that was damaged the power supply (pre-stage).

I found the same amp in another thread. so i jacked his pic //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif this is what the board looks like the small circle is where the burn is but where that wire is i have a transistor attached to a odd shaped piece of metal. where the rectangle is my mosfets are attached to a huge fan. which is cool cuz that means mine is better than the guy who owns this one! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif well.. it might not be better right now cuz its not working..so plz help!!

b.jpg
[/img]

I already have one actually but thanks for your suggestion. This amp is from the Mobile ES line before Sony turned to ****. This bad boy is .5 ohm stable //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Oh. i retract my previous statement. i have owned a old school mobile es amp and HU and they were awesome. KEEP IT!!

it looked red and i seen sony. automatic reaction was XPLOD. LOL.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.