New to this stuff - How's this setup?

stewartfan

So, I'm looking to get some pretty good all-around sound on a budget. My current choice of equipment is as follows:

Sony%20Xplod%E2%84%A2%20CXS-2816F.jpg

^the speakers in that pic are in the car already, going to be moved to the front doors, if they fit.

Now, for the stuff I have to buy:

For the rear deck:

Sony XS-GTX6931 Xplod 6" x 9" 3-way Car Speakers (XSGTX6931 6x9)

Head Unit:

Pioneer DEH-2200UB (deh2200ub) - Car Stereo In-Dash Receiver at Sonic Electronix - Sonic Electronix

(Comes with mounting kit and wiring harness for my car - Free!)

Sub:

Sony XS-LB10S (xslb10s) - Non-Amplified, Loaded Subwoofer Enclosure Systems - Sonic Electronix

Amp for sub:

Jensen POWER-900 (power900) - Monoblock Car Amplifier, Power Amp - Sonic Electronix

---

If I'm just going for overall good sounding, balanced music, should this cut it? I didn't want too big of a sub, as I want to use the trunk, also don't want the body panels to vibrate. haha. And I chose that head unit b/c it has iPod compatibility, and the highest RMS power in the price range for the speakers. I don't need the music to be loud, I don't plan on cranking it much higher than a level where I can't hear the passengers, and want to listen at lower volumes for the majority of the time. I like some bassy rap/pop, some metal, some alternative, and a lot of stuff in between. I will have help installing, so that's no prob, and if there's anything on my list that you can find lower prices for, or a better value on different components for the same price or less, please don't hesitate to suggest! the total for the 6x9s, H/U, Sub, and amp comes out to $377 shipped. That's as high as I'm willing to go for the total system, I'm already hesitant on spending that much right now as it is (savin' up for a Bimmer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif )! so let the advice/comments flow!

Also, I chose all the Sony speakers since I already have Sonys, so I can keep it consistent, but I don't know if it really matters that much...

Pioneer makes pretty good head units and i guess the speakers will be decent at best, but if your in the 400 and lower price range you're really gonna get crap quality man. The jensen amp is one of the worst brands if not the worst and sony subs are called xplodes for a reason...they tend to blow. i would just keep saving up because in car audio you get what you pay for and this isnt gonna be much better than whatever u have. maybe u can just buy some good quality used stuff. I dont reccomend pawn shops but you can get subs and amps in your price range that are not half bad there

well, do you have any suggestions? I don't want something too audiophile, too loud, or too expensive. I want to have something not as good as a stock Harman/Kardon system.

and right now, I have nothing. I have the stock head unit in a 1992 Mazda Protege, stock speakers in front doors (Driver side is blown) and those little 6.5s in the rear deck. so I don't want to spend too much, just want to be able to get some pretty good sound. Normally, I'd be an extreme audiophile (Headphones mainly) but with this, I really don't mind too much. But, if it comes to something like subs getting blown easy, that's advice I like to hear! And about the amp. What would you suggest I get instead? (Considering I had $1000 to spend)

Ok, so how are Kicker Speakers? And should a headunit be enough to power the front and rear speakers as long as I don't want them too loud? And one sub and amp shouldn't be too much for a car's battery/alternator, right? I started this thread a few months before I actually plan on buying the components so I can learn up on all this stuff before I get into a big mess. I'll do a little looking around on the web to see what I can come up with.

i really like kenwood amps for the price they push well and stay cool. as far as speakers you do get what you pay for. somewhere around 200-350 dollar components arent bad look into jl,boston acoustics,alpine,focal i have jl C2 components they handle alright but the highs r way to high and loud tend to crackle when pushed real hard im running 100rms digital power and they only handle like 60rms so im hurting them alittle i think. best bet go to crutchfield.com prices r decent and they have a huge **** selection of different brands and reviews for each they've been around a long time and i trust them. start there

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.