New to this, need help

osa

Hey everyone, first post here, woot woot.

Anyway I came here to get some help with an audio system upgrade I want to do. I have a 2004 ford explorer sport trac adrenaline, that I would like to add a subwoofer to. It currently has the stock pioneer system in it if that is important.

Alot of this stuff is foreign to me but luckly i have a friend who can help me install everything once i get it, however I want to make sure everything I plan to buy will work before dropping the cash.

From the research Ive done, this is what I have come up with.

Amazon.com

I plan on getting one of the subs at the top, that amp, and wiring kit.

I guess first off, which sub would you recommend out of those two, the pioneer may not even fit as I am limited on space (its gonna have to fit under the back seat)

Secondly will all of these parts work well together? And is there anything else I need?

all in all they will "work" together. I would suggest a better quality amp as the shallow mount subs dont output as much. With a better amp the overall sound will be much better than that boss amp. as for fitment, get teh dimensions of the pioneer box and jsut take some cardboard and mock up a box. slap it in and see if it fits.

The problem with buying cheap amps is that you'll get poor performance, dubious reliability and little to no resale value if you ever want to upgrade or just get out of it down the road.

Kicker, Alpine, Rockford, and JBL are all mainstream brands that offer reliable small amps. Poke around their offerings, That Boss amp won't make more than 300W if it were hit by lightning so don't be discouraged if you can't get "1000W" for 40$ elsewhere. Reliable brands should have you into 300W legit for 100$ or so.

I'd trust Kicker over Pioneer for prefab subwoofer. Kicker's stuff is usually decent, Pioneer IMO is a great head unit and that's about it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.