NEW TO FORUM..... NEED HELP WITH SUB 10 in. please..

RickyRoss91

PA
ok, so ive had a couple of setups, i have a 98 s10 single cab. ive recently just got a new custom box made. It has to be tuned pretty low, its not a slot port, but a squared port running a good ways maybe 4/5 through the box.... Anyway, right now there is an elevation audio sqx 10 in it right now, i say it must be tuned pretty low bc when i play from chopped and screwed songs, it shakes my dash pretty good, but i know this sub cant move its cone very much, at least as much as my se-x re audio sub did, which i no longer own.

So basically i want to know some good brands or exact subs that i can get for around 250 or less that will be nuts on lows and get pretty loud, im more concerned about hitting lws and being loud.

My amp is an re audio dts1000.1, its running at 2 ohms right now with the elevation sub. i don really want to run under 2 ohm even tho the amp is 1ohm stable due to running another amp for my door/dash speakers.. so at 2 ohms the amp puts out about 600 RMS

i have a pioneer deh-80prs h/u so i can tweak a good bit.

NOTE: I really liked my se-x 10, it was a great sub and hit lows pretty **** good.. just wondeing on some other opinions on the maybe higher end affrdable subs that people have experience with...

Thanks alot.

the box is only 1-1.2 cu.ft. but it is tuned at 35 hz or lower, wouldnt low fs subs excel in low bass frequencies? or more excusion? Which subs around 250 or less have one of the other that a nice subs?

Would it hurt anything to run a sub say that is 1000rms and only giving it 600?
No sir. I'd recommend running your amp at 1 ohm either way. To get your money's worth out of whatever sub you choose

Do you think i would have issues with lights dimming? i sorta have voltage drops occasionally when just sitting at idle and have volume at about max, i dont have any electrical upgrades..

Any more sub preferences?

Do you think i would have issues with lights dimming? i sorta have voltage drops occasionally when just sitting at idle and have volume at about max, i dont have any electrical upgrades..
Any more sub preferences?
You can do the big 3 really cheap compared to getting another batt or bigger alt and it'll prolly get rid of almost all dimming.

You can do the big 3 really cheap compared to getting another batt or bigger alt and it'll prolly get rid of almost all dimming.
Agree here ^^ and I'd also agree with the ssa Gcon sub. I have one, ran it with about 600 rms, pounded pretty well! Also another idea for low lows SA brand sub. I ran sundown SA-8 in a fourth dimension enclosure and it was ridiculously low.

so you would be saying for me to try a sundown sa-10 then for my application? Ive been looking at these, good price and it runs at 600 rms so thats also good.

What about skar brand subs?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.