New to car audio

bagibson

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 12, 2020
Houston, Tx
I am new to car audio and wanting to build a mid-range (budget wise) system. I am looking for QL more than SPL. I am currently looking at 2 8" kicker subs, Prime Series 6 1/2 Rockford Fosgate component for the front doors, and 6 1/2" MTX Terminator6 coaxial for the back doors (just as filler). Not sure of what amp or head unit to go with or if I could get 1 10" sub that is as good or better than the two 8's. What do ya'll recommend?

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
Piney Hills of Louisiana
I am new to car audio and wanting to build a mid-range (budget wise) system. I am looking for QL more than SPL. I am currently looking at 2 8" kicker subs, Prime Series 6 1/2 Rockford Fosgate component for the front doors, and 6 1/2" MTX Terminator6 coaxial for the back doors (just as filler). Not sure of what amp or head unit to go with or if I could get 1 10" sub that is as good or better than the two 8's. What do ya'll recommend?
Don’t waste money on rear speakers.. deck power on factory dual cones is more than enough and you’ll want to fade most of that to the front .. use the money you save on rear speakers and put it towards a component set for the front separate mid and tweeter . You’ll need a small amp on the mids if you get DVC 4 ohm subs you can get a decent 4 ch amp and run front chs on the components and rear ch at 2 ohm stereo on the mids it should be same output as rear channels bridged on amp but less likely to wire wrong .

Reactions: JTF Vegas

JTF Vegas

CarAudio.com VIP
Jan 13, 2020
Las Vegas NV
Don’t waste money on rear speakers.. deck power on factory dual cones is more than enough and you’ll want to fade most of that to the front .. use the money you save on rear speakers and put it towards a component set for the front separate mid and tweeter . You’ll need a small amp on the mids if you get DVC 4 ohm subs you can get a decent 4 ch amp and run front chs on the components and rear ch at 2 ohm stereo on the mids it should be same output as rear channels bridged on amp but less likely to wire wrong .
Sound advice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds