New to car audio need help!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

barracuda_440
10+ year member

I have been hearing great things about the RE SE 12" sub woofers. I am looking at these as well as the Kicker 12" solobaric subs and the 10 inch JL w6's.

the amp i am lookin at is a viper 1200, which was recomended by somone on another forum website, and reconditioned by the company its only $250 with a 6 month warranty. they retail $770.

and the headunit is gonna be a clario peice, its $210, i can get part numbers later if yall want them.

Anyways, this is my idea so far, if anyone has any tips for me, or anythin like that, please tell me. The only subs i am familiar with are the Alpine type e 12"s and the JL W3 12''s. 2 of my friends have them powerd by Alpine digital 900 watt amps.

Basicly i just want somtin thats gonna bump every system at my school, while staying under $950 or so. Thanks Alot, Mike

The amp is a d@mn good amp. Don't let anyone tell you different. Hands down, I would call that one of the best amps ever made with a 1200 watt rating at 2 ohms. That's just me. Remember that's an RMS rating, so you need subs that take 500 RMS or higher.

The subs are a different story. RE = teh win, but with all the other options I think you could do better with the money. What is your budget? Incriminator Audio could do use some immature high school sub pounding advertisement. Two LIs and a properly ported box. While all the other kiddies are playing sticks and stones with Alpine and JL, you'll be tossing dynamite into the mix. Death Penalty 12s...*drool*

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.