Help with Seleniums and Crescendo 1000c4

Participant count
  • Participant list

Serpent710
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Florida
So im going to be running 2 6w4p's off my crescendo 1000c4 and was thinking about running Dayton 4.5k passive crossovers. suggestions on how to wire this up? thanks also what 1" tweeters would you recommend with this? budget on tweets is about $75.

Going to see a big increase in loudness.

The Selenium 6w4ps are some of my favorite 6.5" mids out there. They are cheap, and sound great. Just be sure that you deaden and seal your door if you mount them in your door panel. Makes a big difference. Without it, just playing freeair there is 0 midbass or bottom end. Pretty much no output below 200hz. As soon as its in an enclosure (such as a sealed and deadened door), you can get usable output down to 60hz without much problem. They also play up very high without any fuss. For a while I ran them wide open without a LPF and just boosted the frequencies at 8khz and up a little. Sounded good for not having a tweeter. If you added a nice set of soft domes with them (Id add a tweeter per mid. so if you run 4 mids, go with 4 tweets), but stay away from bullet tweets with the Selenium 6s, unless you have a ton of them. The 6s are loud, but not as loud as most pro audio speakers. They have a more smooth, warm sound, and a bullet tweeter doesnt really blend with them on regular music.

Use the HPF on the CA set around 125-160Hz, then use FMOD's to set a LPF at 3500Hz. That's a solid bandpass for those mids.

I run 2 Pyle bullets in each A pillar and 4 6.5's per door. Matches up nicely and gets very loud.

chech out Dayton for tweeters..

4.5 is high for any 6.5 midbass driver..

note if your using 2mids per crossover it's going to change you cover point..

make sure the xovers can handle it..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.