New System

15 years ago I ran alpine subs and speakers, type R subs and type R components. They were decent then in their price point, but according to many many people, alpine is not what they used to be. seems that they are relying on their namesake these days.

Good to know, thanks I'll check out what you recommended. Just going to have to find a place to get it all from if that's possible.

So by u disliking what I’ve said about what I am and what I can do you are oppressing me and will be punished. I knew I would get to finish on somebody. U will now suffer a punishment equivalent to penetration for 12 hours. My Memra is set in stone. U already said the name. In Jesus Christ’s name I pray. Amen!
Jesus was a gay ass hippie drunk.

So by u disliking what I’ve said about what I am and what I can do you are oppressing me and will be punished. I knew I would get to finish on somebody. U will now suffer a punishment equivalent to penetration for 12 hours. My Memra is set in stone. U already said the name. In Jesus Christ’s name I pray. Amen!

Shut cho ass up.

As for OP question.

I would pick up an 80prs or another active crossover headunit. Get a set of raw drivers and tweeters from Parts express, madisounds, etc. and run them active. I personally run the Silverflute mids and massive ct2 tweeters and love them. Then proper door treatment with sound deadening and sealing the doors up. A nice little 4 channel like the Pioneer 8604 or NVX JAD800.4

As for substage Type Arrrrgss used to be the forum boner but it's been many years. I would probably do two Sundown SA 12s, American bass XFLs on a Taramps MD1800. Then the rest of your money would go towards box materials, wiring, and a rear battery.

If you aren't familiar with tuning and active crossovers then the Morel Maximo components or similar would fit the bill.

Last edited:
View attachment 19755View attachment 19756View attachment 19757

Will this work, is this a bad set-up ? Where can I save and what should I get instead ?
So your alt is a 110. Think Efficiency. My recommendation:

1. new agm battery up front (big as you can fit)- duracell from sam’s cost you around $180. Napa lengend agms are good too.
2. Big 3 wiring to ensure constant current - $100 or less
3. Clean signal head unit that runs active. For $185
This is solid, 13 band eq and active
4. Pioneer gm-d8704 amp - $125
5. Taramps md1800.1 sub amp $190
6. Ct2 tweeters - 59$ for the pair
7. Silver flutes - 80$ for set
8. Two of these - $250 total

1170 total...spend the rest on install and a good ported enclosure built for the subs. Might even consider 2 10’s in that sub. Might need a Hair over $1500 but it will be good controllable sound

Two XFL1444 $360
Taramps MD3000.1 one ohm $230
Pioneer 8704 $125
AGM Battery $200
Pioneer 80prs $240
JBL GTO609C $90
Concept Enclosures 2-12" (3.8 cubic ft. @ 35hz.)
$245

$1,490 total
Screenshot_20200112-180745_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
As for OP question.

I would pick up an 80prs or another active crossover headunit. Get a set of raw drivers and tweeters from Parts express, madisounds, etc. and run them active. I personally run the Silverflute mids and massive ct2 tweeters and love them. Then proper door treatment with sound deadening and sealing the doors up. A nice little 4 channel like the Pioneer 8604 or NVX JAD800.4

As for substage Type Arrrrgss used to be the forum boner but it's been many years. I would probably do two Sundown SA 12s, American bass XFLs on a Taramps MD1800. Then the rest of your money would go towards box materials, wiring, and a rear battery.

If you aren't familiar with tuning and active crossovers then the Morel Maximo components or similar would fit the bill.

I feel like I'm missing out on all this arguing. Sounds like somebody is going to rain down some terror on people.

this all started because I tried to help someone and recommended skar and then I get bashed first lightly and then I bash back harder and now I’m the bad guy? I didn’t start this. I just made a recommendation. Y’all could of been adults and just said to the guy, who hasn’t said **** and probably doesn’t care what any of us say, y’all’s recommendations instead of bashing mine and politely said to me and the guy who doesn’t care what we say or recommend that there’s a better choice

Man, this **** is lame and not me. I love car audio, not bashing and hating and arguing. I apologize for bashing back. That makes me just as guilty. I hope y’all are adults about this and we can move past this. I just felt some type of way because of all what has happened on this website in sequence. I like someone’s comments on another thread before this one and then on this one they dislike mine and bash me. I thank someone on another thread and then on this one they bash me. That’s lame and I was lame too.

Skar is cheap, but it seems like the equipment is on par with other stuff of the same price. Seems like some people have a moral argument to not give money to shitheaded people. I get that.

i recommended 2 sundown sa 12s on a sundown sae 1500 too right after I made the skar recommendation so he could pick from cheap and quality. But everyone overlooked that. But I did it to myself by going back and forth with arguing. I don’t even think the dude who wanted the advice even asked anymore questions or responded. Lol that’s irony.

Some of us don't know the story about the SKAR guy. So, it sounds like it was an innocent mistake. I'm sure that Skar isn't the worst stuff out there, but there is definitely better out there for the money.

What did that Kevin dude do that made everyone hate him? I heard he stole some ideas and ripped some customers off. But he had to do more than that to get such a bad rep.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.